Can you help us to grow a new blended worship service? The National Presbyterian Church is seeking a part-time worship service coordinator to plan and coordinate a recently initiated “First Service".
* The ideal candidate must have a mature, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a pastoral heart for the people, a passion for Christ’s mission in the world, and a love for prayer and worship.
* This person must possess a commitment to Scripture, Reformed theology and evangelism working within the beliefs, traditions and structure of the Presbyterian Church USA. Duties and Responsibilities:
* Working with the Worship Council, Pastors, Director of Music Ministries and First Service Music Team to plan and develop the content of the Sunday 8:00 a.m. service, including :
1) Coordinating with Pastors and staff to ensure consistency and synergy with other NPC Sunday morning services.
2) Coordinating and directing volunteer leaders who assist with the First Service. (ushers, readers, musicians, communion servers, etc.)
3) Selecting music in consultation with the service music team and Director of Music Ministries.
4) The estimated weekly time commitment for this position is 8 to 10 hours. Skills:
* Experience in leading a blended worship service.
* Demonstrated ability to supervise others and to work creatively, cooperatively and collegially with staff, parishioners, volunteers and the general public.
* Good communication skills, strong organizational skills and a commitment to complete tasks.
* An experienced musician with strong vocal ability, knowledge of a wide range of Christian music, and proficiency with a musical instrument would be a plus. About NPC:
At the National Presbyterian Church we are called to be a ministry of grace, passionate about Christ's mission in the world. Our vision is to be a vibrant church community that builds followers of Jesus Christ and services others locally and globally. Our location in Washington, DC, brings individuals and families from across the U.S. and the world to our worship and congregational life, including government employees, elected officials, university students, diplomats and members of the military. Our nearly 2,000 members come from diverse professional, academic and spiritual backgrounds, making NPC a place where people who would not otherwise meet can find common meaning and purpose. To apply for this position please forward your Cover Letter and Resume to this EMAIL address.