To create and edit compelling marketing material that will raise public awareness of the organization and provoke interest in Next Step, World Race, and The Edge programs, resulting in field participants in accordance with sales goals.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Write promotional pieces for mission trips, as needed. Regularly read and utilize AIM blogs for outgoing content (emails, newsletters, brochures).
2. Copy-edit outgoing promotional material (hardcopy and softcopy). Responsible for general flow of all written pieces as well as catching typos and grammatical errors.
3. Write press releases and other publicity pieces, including feature-length articles for major magazines; research potential PR markets and network with various news and media contacts.
4. Manage some marketing projects, tracking the success of each initiative.
5. Conduct market research (via surveys, reports, etc.) in order to improve marketing strategies.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management.ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Excellent typing skills (60+ wpm) and communication skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
• Creative, innovative
• Working knowledge of AIM ministries and operations
• Ability to multi-task and follow through
• 1-2 years marketing experienceTo apply for this position please forward your resume, cover letter and include two writing samples to this EMAIL address.