This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 10/19/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Statement of Purpose
Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: President
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Administration Building: 3800 S. Othello Street, Seattle, WA 98118
STATUS: Full-Time, M-F
This position is responsible for supporting the President by performing administrative and executive support duties, file/report management, calendar maintenance and managing the office of the President.
Essential Job Duties:
1. General administrative duties, which includes typing, filing, maintaining databases and drafting correspondence.
2. Take and transcribe minutes of monthly staff, department head meetings; annual staff meeting.
3. Maintain the President’s calendar and scheduling, which includes interacting with external and internal clients to coordinate appointments.
4. Manage the office of the President, by handling all phone calls, taking messages and assisting visitors.
5. Arrange travel arrangements for President, as needed.
6. Review and summarize reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as required.
7. Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
8. Manage Mission logo clothing ordering, storage and sales.
9. Serve the Board of Trustees by:
a. Maintaining a file on each Board member.
b. Preparing a Board Binder for each fiscal year.
c. Contacting each Board member regarding scheduled meetings and other events.
d. File all official records: monthly Board meeting minutes, financial reports, President's Report.
e. Initiate invitations and manage RSVPs for Mission events for each Board member.
f. Communicate to the Board on the President's behalf.
10. Maintain vacation/sick leave calendar on each Council member and President.
11. Manage Administrative Office mailboxes and mailbox area.
12. Oversee birthday gifts/cards from the President to staff by creating cards, ordering gifts and distributing to the appropriate Division Head to present at the monthly staff meetings.
13. Maintain Administrative Offices library and President's office.
14. Communicate to Mission staff on President’s behalf as requested.
15. Sign donor receipts and thank-you letters in President’s stead when needed.
16. Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
17. Ability to maintain the Mission’s customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share God’s passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
18. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills required.
3. High level of professionalism, and the ability to maintain confidentiality required.
4. Ability to work independently with little or no supervision required.
5. Ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail required.
6. Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith.
Education: Minimum of AA/AS or equivalent years of experience required.
Experience: Minimum of five years of experience of support at the executive level required.
To apply, visit www.ugm.org