Sugar Hill UMC located in Sugar Hill, Georgia is a great place to call home.
We offer diverse worship styles and ministry opportunities for people of all ages. On any given day, you'll find people involved in Bible study, prayer, worship, small groups, support groups, educational classes, community gatherings including Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, and much much more.Qualifications/Requirements:
-Passion for sharing the love of Jesus Christ with children and parents of children.
-Strong organization abilities and attention to detail.
-Computer knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
-Extensive Bible knowledge and Bible teaching experience.Responsibilities:Sunday School
– Manage all aspects of Sunday morning programming for elementary age students. Including budgeting, purchasing and selecting curriculum, recruiting, training and empowering volunteers, creating and maintaining a safe educational environment, leading spirit filled Praise and Worship (at each Sunday School hour), including music and sermon.Weekly Deep Discipleship Program
- Manage all aspects of a weekly deep discipleship program for elementary age students. Responsibilities including: budgeting, purchasing and selecting curriculum, recruiting and training volunteers, and creating and maintaining a safe educational environment. VBS
- Manage all aspect of VBS with Pres School Minister. Including budgeting, purchasing and selecting curriculum, recruiting and training volunteers, fundraising and creating and maintaining a safe educational environment for 600 students and 130 plus volunteers.Summer Camps
– Provide daily devotions for all summer camps. Work with Recreation Director on theme and timing. Provide additional assistance as needed.Children’s Council
– Serve as staff liaison to the Children’s Council. Recruiting and developing an active, passionate council to lead all aspects of children’s ministry.Children’s Sermon
– Create quarterly schedule for Children’s Sermon at the 8:30 a.m. Sunday service. Elementary Children’s minister is included in the schedule.Academy
– Provide monthly praise, worship and sermon for elementary school.Congregational Care
– Provide congregational care for families with K – 5th graders.Professional Development
– Attend conferences, retreats and meetings to enhance professional growth. Attend on going personal spiritual growth classes.
To apply for the Director of Children’s Ministry position please foward your Resume with Cover Letter to the following EMAIL