This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Help Desk Analyst
Deerfield, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 10/08/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
The Help Desk Analyst will have both phone and face to face interactions with callers requesting assistance from the Help Desk and will perform other administrative tasks related to the operation of the Information Technology department.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Direct interaction with clients both on the phone and face to face.
2. Will answer client questions and provide solutions for their computer hardware, software, network, media and phone issues.
3. Research solutions to problems using existing personnel and technology resources.
4. Dispatch IT personnel (immediate responders) as necessary.
5. Will interact with vendors and process purchase orders for IT related goods and services.
6. Will maintain a daily log of calls received and the status of each issue.
7. Will maintain inventory of departmental work orders and will create, edit and close work orders as necessary.
8. Bills other departments for the rental of Media and processes the invoices.
9. Will handle the distribution and return of all checked out TIU Media to ensure the equipment is delivered and received in working orders and that all needed parts remain with the equipment.
10. Create and edit FAQs for the department’s My Trinity web page.
12. Will perform other general office functions including filing, copying, etc.
13. Will perform other support related duties as assigned by Help Desk Manager and/or Information Technology staff.
1. Previous experience working with computer software and hardware.
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
3. Previous phone work experience.
4. Must be available to work evening shifts as needed.
5. Must be fluent in the English language.
6. Familiarity with Windows Vista, Mac OS, LAN/WAN networks and AT&T Phones with Octel voicemail system preferred.
7. Excellent Customer service skills.
Monday Through Friday, 37.5 hours/week. Normal hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm