This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Guest Services Specialist
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 10/01/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Statement of Purpose
Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
POSITION TITLE: Guest Services Specialist
DIVISION: Recovery Ministries
DEPARTMENT: Men's Shelter (MS)
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Administrator
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
LOCATION: Men's Shelter: 318 2nd Ave. Ext. S.; Seattle
STATUS: Regular Full-Time: 40 hours/week
This position supervises the activities and areas of the Men’s Shelter’s Guest Services program, and those engaged therein. The Guest Services Specialist will uphold the Mission/Vision of Guest Services by: being an imitator of Jesus Christ and representative of the MS to all clients of the Men’s Shelter, performing as a God-honoring steward of Mission property, and as a monitor of client activity while on Mission property.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Commitment to uphold the mission and vision of Guest Services:
Mission: Guest Services exists to extend God’s grace to God’s homeless children through love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Vision: Guest Services, being the first place that God’s homeless children experience the Mission, will intentionally and effectively be the place where every homeless woman and man in Seattle sees the face of Jesus at least once in their life.
2. Complete and adhere to a self-defined Personal Job Performance Plan.
3. Perform as a God-honoring steward of Mission property, which includes job related equipment and MS facilities.
4. Monitor all safety and fire hazards, as well as client activity.
5. Take appropriate disciplinary actions towards clients, in accordance with Mission guidelines and personal competency, packaged in grace.
6. Administrative responsibilities, which include issuing mat and meal tickets, granting late passes, maintaining records of clients and all mat assignments, sorting and distributing mail, preparing incident and daily statistical reports, closeouts and cash receipts.
7. Facilitate the requesting and fulfillment of clothing, hygiene supplies, etc., for guests.
8. Be available to equip, encourage, and work with outside volunteers.
9. Attend all Mission and MS meetings and training sessions as required.
10. Ability to maintain the Mission’s customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share God’s passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
11. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
1. Monitor office, cleaning supplies, janitorial and maintenance needs. Prepare request forms when appropriate.
2. Maintain cleanliness of the Welcome Center and surrounding area.
3. Coordinate client connection efforts with other emergency/social services/agencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required. Basic data entry abilities required.
2. Leadership and customer service skills required.
3. Ability to problem solve, an attention to detail and organizational proficiency required.
4. Ability to stand for up to 8 hours with periodic breaks, and ability to lift up to 40 lbs. required.
5. Must agree with Seattle Union Gospel Mission’s Statement of Faith.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Customer service experience required. Social service experience preferred.
To apply, please visit www.ugm.org