This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Union Gospel Mission
Salem, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 09/18/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
UNION GOSPEL MISSION
“Union Gospel Mission of Salem exists to demonstrate God’s Love by meeting physical, mental and spiritual needs of men, women and children in crisis - Proclaiming the Gospel of Christ in word and deed.”
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager
MINISTRY DEPARTMENT: Men’s Mission
Responsible for providing leadership, administration and management of the staff and program components of the Men’s Mission New Life Fellowship (NLF) program, Exodus Transition program and Christian Service Internship (CSI) program ministering to men dealing with life-controlling issues and addictions.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Provides spiritual leadership, training, scheduling, program development and administrative supervision for the New Life Fellowship program ministering to men dealing with life-controlling issues and addictions, but not limited to:
• Bible Studies
• Recovery classes
• One-on-one and group sessions
• Life skills classes
• Academic assistance
2. Approves and dismisses NLF, Exodus and CSI participants as appropriate.
3. Maintains current program schedule of work assignments, classes, events, etc.
4. Assigns NLF participants to various work assignments.
5. Responsible for overall cleanliness and safety of all NLF, Exodus and CSI dormitories and other program areas.
6. Primary contact for other Mission supervisors in relation to NLF, Exodus and CSI volunteers assigned to work in their departments.
7. Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Men’s Ministries assist with budget preparation and maintaining operational expenses within budget and expected income projections for NLF program.
8. Gathers, assembles and submits all necessary paperwork and reports necessary for month-end and other reporting requirements
9. Attend various Mission functions and meetings as required
10. Maintain a positive, encouraging Christian work atmosphere by demonstrating and training staff in appropriate Customer Service C.A.R.E. standards.
A. Committed – performs job with integrity – respects and honors others
B. Attentive – models honesty and courtesy to all. Good listener.
C. Responsive – Takes responsibility for quality results. Serves effectively.
D. Excellent – Seeks to improve performance while providing excellent service.
11. Participate in community outreach, fellowship and continued Christian growth.
12. Assist with other duties as needed and as directed by the Director of Men’s Ministries.
Knowledge, Skill, Abilities:
1. Excellent management, administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
2. Excellent written communication skills.
3. Knowledge of recovery and substance abuse issues required.
4. Proficient in basic computer skills.
5. Valid Oregon driver’s license and ability to drive Mission vehicle.
6. Must agree with Union Gospel Mission of Salem’s Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct.
Education: BA/BS degree (preferably in ministry related field) or equivalent years of experience required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience supervisory experience of at least 3 people.
Minimum 5 years experience in ‘rescue’ or recovery ministry or closely related field
Applications are available at the Union Gospel Mission Administration Office at 311 Commercail St. NE in Salem or contact the Human Resource Office at 503-362-3983 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.