This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Milton Hershey School
Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 09/17/2009
Categories: House Parent
Job Type: Full-Time
Across Milton Hershey School's beautiful campus, amazing things happen daily. Children who may have once seen only limitations are inspired to find their full potential. And it is largely thanks to a team that truly shares the School's mission to nurture and educate students from families of financial and social need.
Free of charge, Milton Hershey School's residential, coeducational facility provides the advantages of a positive, structured home life and an outstanding pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade education. The School is committed to ensuring students graduate with the skills they need to be successful and responsible in life. Because the School relies so heavily on finding the right kind of people for the team, Milton Hershey School is also committed to being an outstanding employer.
This position is located in Hershey, PA; relocation assistance is available.
Full-time employees receive:
* Very competitive pay
* Excellent medical, dental, prescription and vision insurances
* Use of state-of-the-art, athletic and recreational facilities
* Professional development opportunities
* Private apartment, utilities and food provided
* Relocation assistance
* Certified houseparent training program
Together with their spouses, houseparents are caregivers, role models and shoulders to lean on. They nurture a family-like atmosphere in a School home and enjoy quality one-on-one and group time with the children to help each one find their promise. This includes overseeing the basics of the students’ daily living, including their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual care. Houseparents collaborate with teachers, administrators and sponsors to facilitate student success.
* Committed to and skilled in positively influencing children and youth
* Couple must meet age and family status requirements
* Must have valid driver’s licenses
* Experience working with diverse children and youth, especially coming from challenged settings, a plus
Apply now for this wonderful opportunity. Read more about our houseparent roles and apply online: www.mhs-pa.org
Contact Person: Katie Bailey
Contact Phone #: 717-520-2317
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Milton Hershey School values diversity and encourages those with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.