Statement of Purpose
Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
POSITION TITLE: Computer Lab Assistant
DIVISION: Outreach Ministries
DEPARTMENT: Youth Services (YS)
REPORTS TO: Learning Center Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Youth Reach Out Center(YROC): 3800 S. Othello Street, Seattle, WA 98118
STATUS: Part-Time: 15-20 hrs/wk
This position is responsible for supervising students utilizing the YROC Computer Lab.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Build positive encouraging relationships with YROC staff and students in YROC after-school programs.
2. Actively encourage learning by students in the computer lab.
3. Promote educational programs and games.
4. Oversee proper use of the Internet
5. Ensure the safe use and stewardship of all UGM facilities and equipment.
6. Work with Technical Ministries to keep machines in working order.
7. Communicate effectively with supervisor and other staff regarding program plans and details.
8. Be available to be "on call" to reach out and minister to students as needed.
9. Attend all Mission meetings and trainings sessions, as required.
10. Ability to maintain the Mission’s customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share God’s passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
11. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and computer hardware required.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and administrative skills required.
3. Ability to lead, train, and encourage children youth in their Christian faith required.
4. Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers, parents and educators to provide a quality program according to Biblical principles and standards required.
5. Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of six months Experience with computer software, hardware and networks required. Experience in urban children or youth programs preferred.
To apply, visit www.ugm.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
House Parents (Husband & Wife Teams)New River Ranch Inc
- Fayetteville, West Virginia
- October 27
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
Executive DirectorThe Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry, Inc.
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back. More...