This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 09/17/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Part-Time
Statement of Purpose
Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
POSITION TITLE: Gym Assistant
DIVISION: Outreach Ministries
DEPARTMENT: Youth Services (YS)
REPORTS TO: Athletic Program Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Youth Reach Out Center(YROC): 3800 S. Othello Street, Seattle, WA 98118
STATUS: Quarter-Time: 12 - 15 hours/wk
This position is responsible for supervising the YROC gym as it is utilized for after-school programs.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Build positive encouraging relationships with YROC staff and students in YROC after-school programs.
2. Actively encourage physical engagement and learning by students in the gym.
3. Plan and lead interactive community-building games and activities.
4. Ensure the safe use and stewardship of all UGM facilities and equipment.
5. Communicate effectively with supervisor and other staff regarding program plans and details.
6. Be available to be "on call" to reach out and minister to students as needed.
7. Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
8. Ability to maintain the Mission’s customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share God’s passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
9. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Good verbal and communication skills required.
2. Good organizational and administrative skills required.
3. Ability to lead, train, and encourage children and youth in their Christian Faith.
4. Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers, parents and educators to provide a quality program according to Biblical principles and standards.
5. Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Experience in urban children or youth programs preferred.
To apply, visit www.ugm.org