This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Elementary School Outreach Assistant
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 09/17/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Part-Time
Statement of Purpose
Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
POSITION TITLE: Elementary School Outreach Assistant
DIVISION: Outreach Ministries
DEPARTMENT: Youth Services
REPORTS TO: Elementary School Outreach Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Multiple locations: YROC, White Center or Burien
This position is responsible for assisting in planning and implementing an effective program ministering to elementary school age students, building and maintaining relationships with youth, volunteers, and other community center staff for the purpose of evangelism and discipleship.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assist in the planning and implementation of effective youth programs which includes regular contact and outreach, weekly Club meetings, on-going discipleship, tutoring and special events such as Family Night, camps and mission trips
2. Establish and maintain good communication and relationships with parents and families of youth involved in Children’s Ministry Programs.
3. Maintain appropriate records and documentation in relation to program participants.
4. Communicate effectively with supervisor and other staff regarding program plans and details.
5. Develop positive and encouraging relationships with staff and volunteers.
6. Assist in developing and maintaining positive and productive relationships with local elementary schools, their staff and administration.
7. Assist and advise supervisor and YS management staff in developing and accomplishing the Youth Services Strategic Plan.
8. Drive Mission vehicle as requested for YS program needs.
9. Supervise and insure the safe use and stewardship of all UGM facilities, vehicles, and equipment.
10. Submit reports to supervisor as needed.
11. Be available to be “on call” to reach out and minister to kids as needed.
12. Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
13. Ability to maintain the Mission’s customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share God’s passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
14. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Good verbal and written communication skills required.
2. Consistent positive, friendly and cooperative demeanor.
3. Ability to lead, train and encourage youth in their Christian faith required.
4. Valid Washington State Driver’s License and ability to meet the standards of the Mission’s drivers’ criteria required.
5. Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Experience in inner city youth programs ministry preferred.
To apply, visit www.ugm.org