This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Mariah Group
Mendenhall, Mississippi, United States
Date Posted: 09/08/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
The Mendenhall Ministries (TMM) is seeking a President to lead the organization in fulfilling and furthering its mission. TMM is the social outreach arm of the Mendenhall Bible Church (MBC), a non-denominational church located in Mendenhall, Mississippi. The purpose of TMM is to disciple people and develops ministries to meet the spiritual and physical needs of the rural poor. TMM/MBC now owns and operates a 120-acre farm, a school and a health center. A variety of services are offered through these programs which include summer recreation activities, youth leadership development, nursery three through eight grade education, low-cost health care, and health and legal intern programs.
LOCATION: Mendenhall, Mississippi
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
COMPENSATION: $55,000 - $65,000, based on experience and includes performance-based incentives and competitive benefits package.
The President must have a clear sense of commitment to The Mendenhall Ministries and must be able to articulate, both verbally and in written form, the vision of The Mendenhall Ministries internally and externally. The President must be fully able, by virtue of experience, aptitude, and disposition, to carry out the responsibilities described below. The President must be able to delegate responsibilities to qualified colleagues or staff and foster growth throughout The Mendenhall Ministries. The President must have the mindset and understanding of being a servant leader.
The President shall be the primary fundraiser for The Mendenhall Ministries (TMM) and therefore will be required to travel extensively throughout the United States. The President shall provide leadership for the entire corporation of TMM, maintaining TMM as a viable organization and motivating forward movement into new areas of Christian discipleship, growth, and outreach. The President shall, subject to the input of the Board of Directors, be responsible for the oversight and general management of TMM, and shall see that all policies and resolutions of the Board of Directors are put into effect. Responsibilities include the following:
I. Fundraising and Public Relations
• Serve as the chief fundraiser for TM;
• Devote one half-time to resource development efforts including grant writing, public relations, and assisting board members in carrying out fund-raising strategies;
• Articulate the vision of The Mendenhall Ministries throughout the United States, to staff, and to the local community;
• Sustain contacts with the heads of Christian ministries within and outside of Mississippi, both through their organizations and informally as appropriate;
• Raise support through appeal letters, speaking engagements, and other appropriate means; and
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with donors, carrying out this responsibility through personal travel and communication, as appropriate.
• In cooperation with the TMM board develop a strategic plan for carrying out the mission of TMM;
• In cooperation with the TMM board develop an annual plan for TMM;
• In cooperation with the finance committee and the head of the finance department, develop and present to the Board an annual budget necessary for the operation of TMM; and
• Research and forecast objectives that would affect the development of TMM.
• Effectively employ and oversee the management of all TMM staff within the guidelines of the personnel policies;
• Recommend policies and procedures to the Board and oversee implementation and administration of policies;
• Continually educate the staff of TMM and inspire them to the constant pursuit of excellence
• Conduct regular meetings with managers;
• Require timely monthly reports from managers;
• Conduct monthly meetings with staff;
• Monitor TMM’s financial standing and ensure financial accountability and reporting;
• Assist in developing personnel policies and procedures;
• Keep Board members informed on a timely basis of all legal and fiscal matters;
• Provide Board members with a monthly report and a semiannual report of long range goals; and
• Maintain and develop working relationships with other community- and faith-based organizations.
• Must be a born-again follower of Jesus Christ and a member in good standing of a local Christian church;
• Should have proven success in fundraising, in Board of Directors and donor relations, and in operations management;
• Must have the ability to effectively serve as spokesperson for TMM and communicate its mission, including pubic speaking and community relations;
• Must be able to lead others to Christ;
• Must strive to be an example of a spiritual leader, in both word and deed, and must be committed to changing areas of personal weakness;
• Must have a strong commitment to working with the poor in small, rural communities;
• Must possess at least a college Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred);
• Preferred to have at least five years of experience in administration and business management; and
• Should have the ability to build or expand a national and/or local network of supporters and donors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated knowledge in non-profit management and strategic planning;
• Effectively speak in front of large audiences;
• Have the ability to think with foresight and creativity in a changing world;
• Highly motivated inspirational leader with entrepreneurial spirit;
• Possess skills needed to lead, motivate, and inspire staff, Board members, and volunteers;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Proven ability to direct financial and capital resources; and
• Able to delegate and manage conflict effectively.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and a resume/vita detailing experience and qualifications. Please submit via e-mail in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com by Friday, September 25, 2009. Please state in Subject Line: TMM President Search.
~TMM is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in all programs and staffing~