This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Englewood, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 09/03/2009
Job Type: Part-Time
Cadence International is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to reaching the military communities of the United States and of the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. For five decades, Cadence has grown from a small, fledgling mission to an organization with close to 200 missionaries who work in over 50 locations worldwide. This position requires working in a distinctly Evangelical Christian office environment at the headquarters for this international mission organization.
The Communication Associate is responsible for managing the organization's internal and external communications. The associate is responsible for implementing the established communication strategies. This role is also able to support Design & Media activities such as creative writing, editing, proofing, sending out e-marketing messages, and updating web content.
* Writing, editing, and proofing for brochures, web content, media projects, internal and external communications such as Headquarters Update email, Mission News email, and Cadence Connection newsletter.
* Updating office and internet records and maintaining accuracy.
* Assisting design staff with projects, including proofreading, checking for errors, or inputting and creating text and graphics into digital projects with web content updates.
* Being knowledgeable about internal and departmental operations (computers, office equipment, website, development needs, filing systems) and fielding questions regarding these operations.
* Organizing and updating email lists and databases (work with I.T. Department on this)
* Other duties as assigned (some training can be offered if necessary)
* Strong Administrataive Assistant skills
* Must be highly computer literate
* Must have extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Mac iWork software
* Knowledge and usability of Mac OSX preferred
* Knowledge of and experience with email marketing programs (i.e. Constant Contact)
* Experience with HTML is a plus
* Continual interest in learning about and implementing new options and products that will assist in productivity with the ability to learn on your own
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must thrive on working independently with minimal supervision
* Strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
* Ability to think creatively and problem-solve
* High comfort level wtih operating office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and other paper binding/cutting equipment
* Understanding of and commitment to working in a non-profit, Christian organization
* Team player (i.e. willingness to pitch in on other projects lying outside of job description)
The Communications Associate is supervised by and reports to the Director of Advancement.