This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Women's Ministry
Bethany UM Church
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 08/20/2009
Job Type: Part-Time
JOB TITLE: Director of Women’s Ministry
SCHEDULE: Part Time (25 hour work week) / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
JOB RESPONSIBILITY: To support Bethany Church’s mission to Love, Obey and Proclaim Jesus Christ. It does so through leadership and organization of the women’s programs at Bethany, including bible studies, small groups, conferences, MOPS and other special events. The foundational approach to success in this ministry is through equipping lay servants and keeping current with the needs of women whether single, married, widowed, separated or divorced.
To treat this position as a way of life and respond to the needs of the women under the care of this ministry.
JOB PURPOSE: To develop and oversee Women’s Ministry at Bethany Church. To provide opportunities for women to grow spiritually, develop friendships and encourage each other.
1. Lead and maintain a women’s ministry leadership team, developing its members in the spirit of continuous improvement.
2. Lead, support and develop volunteer leadership.
3. Research and provide resource options for individual as well as group studies.
4. Assist the church in meeting the spiritual, emotional and intellectual needs of women in their various stages of life and cultural diversity.
5. Recruit and train leaders to assist in women’s ministries.
6. Schedule and host or delegate periodic women’s retreats, seminars or conferences.
7. Advertise women’s ministry events in the bulletin, monthly Bethany Post, community and website.
8. Staff meetings
9. Establish and administer the budget affecting women’s ministry.
10. Establish goals and implement strategies to attain them.
1. Preferred Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a field related to the position.
2. Preferred 3+ years active involvement in a Christian ministry.
3. Strong administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills
4. Effective written and oral communication
5. Action-orientation and self-starter
6. Ability to relate to a wide variety of personalities and styles, while maintaining a positive experience and “customer focus” for the other person
7. Good recruiter of unpaid servants through relational ministry
8. Computer proficiency, with Microsoft Office experience
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.