This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Men's Case Manager
Grace Centers of Hope
Pontiac, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 08/20/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Our program is residential and entails a Christ-centered education process in which the participants are taught responsibility and accountability for their actions. Assigning and evaluating their performance in work details, classes, counseling sessions, chapel and bible study is the program’s means to accomplish this. Our goal is to have the graduates from this program ready to face the realities and pressures of everyday life in a mature manner, being fully aware that their previous style of dealing with issues and relationships was dangerous and nonproductive.
This position supports the ministries of the Men’s Program by providing high quality case management, care, counseling, spiritual leadership and records management for clients in the Men's One Year Life Skills Program.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Develop and maintain professional-quality case management files for assigned men as outlined in the Men's One Year
2. Temperament to work with guests with problems indicative of untreated emotional/physical health needs, and active
substance use/abuse/dependency behaviors
3. Meet weekly with Program Director to discuss status of assigned men and any pertinent program information.
4. Good writing documentation and computer skills
5. Ability to perform an array of difficult tasks at the same time
6. Ability to work in intense emotionally charged situations
7. Perform periodic drug screening of men as requested.
8. Facilitate support groups and conduct daily Bible studies.
Committed to: Share God’s passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Maintain strong knowledge of Men's One Year Program Curriculum
2. Knowledge and understanding of case management standards and practices required.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word.
5. Valid Driver’s License required.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information required.
7. Must agree with Grace Centers of Hope Statement of Faith.
Education: BA/BS in related field or equivalent years of experience a plus.
Experience: Minimum of one year of case management experience required. Addiction recovery experience required. Experience in rescue mission context highly preferred.