This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Vice President of Development
Kids Hope USA
Zeeland, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 08/17/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Kids Hope USA (KHUSA), a national faith-based student mentoring program based in Zeeland, Michigan, is an organization now entering an unprecedented expansion era and seeks a Vice President of Development to serve as a key leader driving this growth. Reporting to the President, this position will design and oversee all fundraising activities, including direct mail, direct solicitation, web & social media, events, major gifts, grants and foundation proposals, corporate and annual giving campaigns.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
a. Generate donations from individual donors, foundations, grants and other resources that allow KHUSA to achieve its mission, strategic and business goals.
b. Grow and manage relationships with new and existing key donors and foundations.
c. Ensure KHUSA generates and submits all necessary donor proposals, foundation requests, and grant submissions – whether personally or managing others.
Grow a diverse portfolio of funding sources
a. Increase the number of donors, foundations and grants that support KHUSA.
b. Launch fundraising strategies and activities in KHUSA expansion locations
c. Develop a plan to aggressively increase the number of KHUSA volunteers who financially support the organization (mentors, prayer partners, directors, pastors).
d. Secure funding that represents the geographic diversity of KHUSA, thereby reducing the percentage of funding coming from Western Michigan.
Develop and manage strategy for KHUSA development
a. Craft short term/long term plans for funding development to meet the needs of an expanding organization.
b. Bring a mix of existing best practices and new, creative ideas to development.
c. Continually explore new and creative development strategies that extend KHUSA’s support to a broader base; create new opportunities for branding and enhancing the image of KHUSA.
d. Supervise development area personnel – national and local.
e. Create local development initiatives for funding in expansion areas.
f. Ensure that KHUSA meets or exceed standards of ethical practices in fundraising as set by ECFA and other national advocates.
Serve as member of KHUSA Leadership Team
a. Enthusiastically dream about and participate in crafting a new era for KHUSA.
b. Lead up (President and Board)
c. Lead across (KHUSA leadership Team)
d. Lead down (development area staff, other staff, volunteers, etc.)
The Vice President of Development should have the following experience and qualifications:
• A record of success in raising money that includes elements of the following: direct solicitation, events, grants and foundation proposals, corporate giving, and estate planning, phone-a-thons, and mailing campaigns.
• A keen interest in using new technology to connect with individuals/groups and solicit funds.
• Ability to represent KHUSA to a wide variety of individuals and groups, both internally and externally, ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, excellent public speaking skills for formal and informal presentations, adept at writing proposals, solicitations letters, donor correspondence, and other kinds of material for publication.
• Knowledge of philanthropy, grant-writing for government, private sector and other funding sources; connection to a comprehensive network in the fundraising community with the ability to extend that network.
• Expressive, mature Christian who is a member in good standing of a Christian church.
• A good listener and strategist; comfortable in receiving input from many sources, and able to analyze and formulate information into a sound, well organized development plan.
• Decisive and resourceful, with the sensitivity to gain support and confidence of KHUSA’s Board, President, and all levels of staff.
• Results-oriented; adept at planning, prioritizing, and following through.
• A team player who values and models working collaboratively; a hard worker with high energy level; a leader who has the ability to share credit with others and put others forward.
• A “doer” who will work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities ranging from internal day-to-day tasks, to the highly creative, external and visible projects.
• Energetic, alert, creative, hardworking person able to take immediate action when necessary, exploit success, and triage failure when necessary.
• A willingness to travel in order to build support for and funding of KHUSA.
• Emotionally mature with a sense of humor and grace under pressure, and the ability to thrive in an environment of change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors’ degree with a track record of performance and portfolio of increasing scope.
• Minimum of five years of demonstrated success in Development/Fundraising area.
To learn more about our calling, visit: www.kidshopeusa.org
Interested & qualified individuals should submit a Letter of Interest, Resume, and Salary Expectations to John Sanford at: email@example.com for immediate consideration.