This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 08/17/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: President –AREA 203 (Providing Interactive and traditional advertising and marketing solutions, website under construction due to name change)
Responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the owner and the Executive Management Team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organizations performance.
• Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the owner as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
• Provides leadership to ensure that the mission and core values of the company are put into practice.
• Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
• Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
• Collaborates with the Executive Management Team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the company.
• Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of staff on financial issues that impact the company’s budget.
• Motivates and leads a high-performance management team; attracts recruits and retains required members of the executive team not currently in place; provides mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
• Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
• Represents the firm with clients, investors and business partners.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate staff that supervises employee(s); is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings.
• Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
• Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
• Management skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Bachelor’s degree, advanced, degree preferred.
• 5+ years of experience as the Executive leader in advertising and interactive marketing.
• Thorough understanding of interactive media as well as traditional media.
• Proficient computer and media research skills.
• Exemplary communication skills (written and oral)