This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Vice President of Development
International Fellowship of Christians and Jews
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/31/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
VICE PRESIDENT OF DEVELOPMENT
The International Fellowship of Christians & Jews has an exciting opportunity available for a skilled, resourceful and motivated individual who would like to make a difference in the lives of others in helping a non-for-profit humanitarian organization fulfill its mission. We are presently in search of a VICE PRESIDENT OF DEVELOPMENT as veteran philanthropy leader Chris Cleghorn and now SVP of Development, Marketing, and Communications at The Fellowship builds his team.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Development, Marketing and Communications, this position is responsible for leading and managing all fundraising functions organization-wide and activities related to managing and developing solid donor relationships identifying and implementing new direct response programs to increase income and reduce cost of fundraising, and integrating department activities with broad organizational direction. The individual in this role works closely with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications to ensure consistency of message and integration between fundraising and marketing and communications in as seamless a manner as possible. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned senior manager in non-profit development and marketing to use and develop their creative talents.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
• Successful management of fundraising related departments that include: Direct Response Mail, Direct Response Television/Radio, Telemarketing, Web & Social Media Online Fundraising, Major Gifts and Planned Giving, Donor Services, Church Relations, Data Analysis.
• Ensuring best practices and quality standards are being employed on all fundraising activities, data analysis and reporting, performance, contracts, etc.
• Collaboratively working with the Vice President of Marketing & Communications in development of strategies and strategy implementation, and other special event planning to enhance stewardship and long term donor relationships.
• Providing leadership to direct reports with efforts toward attainment of goals and objectives.
• Managing division vendors and consultant relationships, including division expenditures.
• Supervising prospect research, donor stewardship, information systems, and major gift initiative reports.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or Non-Profit Management.
• 15+ years of proven measurable success in all facets of fundraising including successful strategy setting, implementation, and continuous development of such strategies.
• 15+ years of demonstrated excellence in managing and developing a team of professionals.
• 5+ years of profit or non-profit senior management experience in multiple facets of fundraising and marketing.
• Advanced knowledge of effective direct response, major donor and planned giving techniques and best practices.
• Ability to conduct business ethically and with integrity with demonstrated respect for colleagues; shows dedication to improving quality and is committed to donor service.
• Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• High degree of integrity; highly ethical.
• Team building and supervisory skills.
• Good communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated success in leadership and management abilities.
• High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications and donor database and wealth engine software.
If you possess the background and skills required for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com with VPD-7.09 in the subject line. Please also state the source of the job posting information. We respectfully request that no phone calls or direct emails be placed to Chris Cleghorn or Human Resources but look forward to reviewing your background.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits and an exciting, team-oriented work environment. The Fellowship’s office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within proximity to CTA bus and train lines, as well as Metra and South Shore train stations. We are an equal opportunity employer.