This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Deputy General Secretary/COO
GCFA - United Methodist Church
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 07/27/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
GCFA is charged by Discipline to care for the administrative, legal and financial needs of the Church. GCFA works with other boards and agencies and organizations outside the Church to offer programs and services that will assist annual conferences and local churches throughout the connection with their administrative ministries. This person will
lead the development and effectiveness of GCFA’s Ministry Action Plan (strategic plan) while giving oversight to the functional areas of Connectional Services, Financial Services, Communications, and internal Human Resources.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides direction and leadership for the development, engagement, and measurement of the GCFA Ministry Action Plan and serves as the project manager for visionary initiatives established by the General Secretary.
2. Provides leadership development, direction and staff evaluations to direct reports in areas of Connectional Services, Financial Services, Communications, and internal Human Resources (Generalist).
3. Serves as the central coordinator of GCFA ministry activities ensuring timely flow of information to and from the General Secretary’s office. Facilitates GCFA leadership team meetings and the coordination of GCFA service initiatives throughout the organization in relation to the Ministry Action Plan.
4. Develops and manages an internal communication plan that fosters cross-functional collaboration and forward agency missional movement.
5. Serves as the most senior executive position under the direction of the General Secretary. Provides counsel and direction to agency executive team members when the General Secretary is unavailable.
6. Creatively develops revenue initiatives unique to The United Methodist Church and/or in collaboration with initiatives of other established United Methodist fund developers.
Requirements: United Methodist Church membership, Masters in Business Administration or equivalent. At least 15 years experience in a leadership role within a complex organization with primary responsibility for strategic planning, leadership development and cross-functional collaborative initiative development.
GCFA is an equal employment opportunity employer.