The Mission of ShoreLife Community Church located in Capitola, California is to "know and love Jesus Christ. personally and to make Him known passionately.
The vision for ShoreLife is that we "love and lead thousands of spiritual seekers and skeptics into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, help them become His whole-hearted followers and then send them into their everyday world to influence others to do the same."
You will hear a lot of talk about "community" at ShoreLife. We truly believe that the Christian life is best experienced in the context of community - and not alone in isolation. Whenever possible, we place people into "ministry teams" to serve God together, side-by-side. Doing things together is always more fun and encouraging than serving alone.
We are currently looking to fill the position (up to 12 hours per week) of Children Ministries Director
The Children Ministries Director is to be a born-again follower of Christ who exemplifies a strong walk with the Lord.
The Children Ministries Director is responsible to oversee all ministries related to children ages birth through 6th grade and will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
As an official member of ShoreLife Community Church the Children Ministries Director is required to operate according to the ShoreLife Community Church Operating Philosophy Statement, Core Values and policies formulated by the ShoreLife Leadership Team (SLT/Board of Elders).
The Children Ministries Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meet weekly with the ShoreLife Management Team (SMT/Pastoral Staff) for implementing the vision of ShoreLife Community Church;
- Meet monthly with the Lead Pastor for vision casting, evaluation and planning;
- Recruit, train and oversee a Children Ministries Team for weekly worship services, mid-week meetings and special church events;
- Host a monthly staff meeting for the Children Ministries Team;
- Select and make sure curriculum is ordered, distributed and regularly evaluated;
- Follow up on children ministry guests each week;
- Coordinate and supervise an annual summer VBS;
- Promote and encourage involvement of children and their families in all-church events & activites and missions ministries;
- Develop relationships with other Children Ministries Pastors/Ministers/Directors in our local area, and develop relationships with the local elementary school administration for the purpose of coordinating after school programming;
- Be involved in the “Splish” or “Splash” ministries on Sunday AM one or two Sundays per month;
- Attend worship service in “off” weeks for your own personal growth (plan ahead so your spouse, if married, can worship alongside you – coordinate this with the Children Ministries Team);
- Be an advocate of the ShoreLife community groups ministry by participating in a community group and encouraging others to do so;
- Develop and recommend an annual budget for Children Ministries;
- Assist the Lead Pastor in other areas as requested.
- Maintain a vital growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ through attending a weekly community group and being commited to personal Bible study and prayer;
- Maintain a proper balance between home and church life, ensuring that time is given for rest and retreat;
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
Please email your resume, a personal photo and a cover letter along with three professional references to:
ShoreLife Community Church
875 Monterey Avenue
Capitola, CA 95010.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Seasonal Processing Center Associate - Operation Christmas ChildSamaritan's Purse
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- October 12
ShoreLife Community Church
TITLE: Children Ministries Director GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Children Ministries Director is to be a born-again follower of Christ who exemplifies a strong walk with the Lord. The Children Ministries Director is responsible to oversee all ministries related to children ages birth through 6th grade. The Children Ministries Director will report directly to the Lead Pastor. As an official member of ShoreLife Community Church the Children Ministries Director is required to operate according to the ShoreLife Community Church Operating Philoso More...