This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Regional Development Director
Santa Ana, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/08/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY OF WORK PERFORMED: Responsible for overall fundraising and public awareness activities in the Orange County area.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and coordinate fundraising and public awareness activities of the Orange County Board of Trustees and Orange County Support Groups.
2. Recruit, motivate, organize and train new volunteer leadership to enhance fundraising activities in the Orange County area.
3. Increase and diversify donor base so as to advance donor cultivation, enlistment and solicitation.
4. Coordinate the research and identification of prospective corporate, individual and foundation major donors.
5. Responsible for overall fundraising in the Orange County area as needed, including major gifts (individual and corporate), planned giving, special events, grants, etc.
6. Initiate contacts, establish relationships and provide on-going follow up with community organizations, clubs, civic groups, high school and college community service clubs, sororities and fraternities in the area.
7. Hire, train and supervise administrative assistant.
8. Submit one-year fundraising budget, three months before end of fiscal year, and how funds will be raised.
9. Submit one-year public relations/marketing plan to increase donors, foster families and whatever else is determined by Corporate Headquarters three months before end of fiscal year.
1. Initiate and oversee all United Way proposals and networking in Orange County (assistance in proposal writing provided by appropriate staff as needed).
2. Coordinate presentations related to United Way in Orange County and the surrounding area.
Qualified candidate must have a minimum of three years experience fundraising, working with not-for-profits and working with volunteers.