This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Bethany UM Church
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 07/01/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Children’s Director
SCHEDULE: Full Time (50 hour work week) / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
JOB RESPONSIBILTY: To support Bethany Church’s mission to Love, Obey and Proclaim Jesus Christ. It does so through leadership and organization of the children’s programs at Bethany, including Sunday/Saturday School, mid-week fellowship, VBS, Awana’s and other special events. The foundational approach to success in this ministry is through equipping lay servants.
JOB PURPOSE: To develop vision with the Lead Pastor for the children’s ministry (nursery through 5th grade), consistent with plans for the overall church. Lead the ministry toward that vision progressively. Sustain growth in the children’s ministry each year.
1. Lead and maintain a children’s ministry leadership team, developing its members in the spirit of continuous improvement.
2. Lead, support and develop volunteer leadership.
3. Oversee Sunday School coordinators and leaders for Nursery through 5th grade, including Awana’s and Vacation Bible School.
4. Develop/implement new programs to foster spiritual growth, connect families, outreach to the community and build relationships to get children excited about knowing, loving and serving Jesus Christ.
5. Oversee and assist in planning and implementation of special events.
6. Select curriculum for Sunday School and various programs with input from coordinators and leadership team.
7. Advertise children’s ministry events in the bulletin, monthly Bethany Post, community and website.
8. Staff meetings
1. Degree in Christian education or children’s ministry
2. 3+ years leading in children’s ministry, and 5+ years active service in a Christian ministry
3. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
4. Effective written and oral communication
5. Action-orientation and self-starter
6. Ability to relate to a wide variety of personalities and styles, while maintaining a positive experience and “customer focus” for the other person
7. Ability to enjoy and relate to children from birth through 5th grade
8. Good recruiter of unpaid servants through relational ministry
9. Computer proficiency, with Microsoft Office experience
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.