This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Community LIfe Pastor
Christian Assembly Church
Los Angeles, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/24/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Christian Assembly Community Life Pastor
Christian Assembly Church (www.caeaglerock.com] is looking for a qualified person to join our staff team. This pastoral position is part of a team of four who lead the strategy, vision and implementation of community life in our church. The successful candidate is able to flourish in a team environment, is optimistic and self-initiating and loves Jesus Christ, the local church, the city and the lost.
Christian Assembly currently has four weekend services with an average of 2000 adults in total attendance over the weekend. The Community Life pastoral team works in conjunction with one another so that each team member shares the responsibilities of caring for two of the four services – roughly 1000 people.
Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
• Developing and implementing strategies for the community of Christian Assembly to live out its mission in the context of relationships with one another. This includes leveraging the current Life Group structure as a means of creating places of personal belonging and avenues for discipleship/spiritual-formation and mission (both evangelism and social justice).
• Identifying, recruiting, equipping and pastoring a network of Life Group Leaders from their assigned services.
• Assimilating new people into the life of the community.
• Commitment to developing a culturally diverse team of leaders.
• Strategically communicating to each service avenues for connection and involvement in the life of the church.
• Pastoral counseling.
• Weekly attendance at assigned services.
• Weekly Community Life team meetings.
• Monthly all staff meetings.
• This position is assigned to the Fusion service (young adults 18-35; www.caeaglerock.com/fusion). Therefore, this Community Life Pastor is expected to develop young adult leaders and participate in the young adult events connected to that service (e.g. annual retreat, mission trip, etc.).
Prospective Timeline for Hiring:
- August 1st 2009: Deadline for resumes of interested candidates.
- August 2009: interviews.
- Sept 1st: Deadline to have offered made and accepted by successful candidate.
- First week of October, 2009: Position begins.
*****To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, AND a photograph of yourself to email@example.com.*****