This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Administrative Assistant/School Secretary
Veritas Christian Academy
Bellaire, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/18/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
All Veritas employees are required to complete an application and supply Christian and professional references. All employees must be Bible believing Christians, involved in a local church and sign Veritas’ statement of faith. The employment application and the statement of faith are found at www.veritasca.org or through the school office.
The Veritas Administrative Assistant serves as the school’s receptionist and the administration’s assistant/secretary.
The Administrative Assistant/School Secretary is expected to:
1. Greet and assist parents, students and visitors warmly.
2. Maintain a clutter-free, pleasant looking front office
3. Maintain a well-organized filing system.
4. Maintain inventories of all office, academic and janitorial supplies and replenish as needed, including ordering and receiving.
5. Keep maintenance records for all office equipment and be able to troubleshoot problems.
6. Anticipate and plan for upcoming events and appointments.
7. Answer phone calls cordially and return messages/e-mails promptly.
8. Maintain and coordinate the school master schedule and calendar.
9. Maintain student medication records and administer medications as needed.
10. Prepare and send weekly newsletters and other communication as needed.
11. Assist the administration team with appointments, upcoming events, screening calls and visits and other duties, as needed.
12. Be dependable.
13. Have a teachable spirit, willing to learn.
Additional duties include:
1. Assist Admissions Director, as needed, in the Admission/registrar process.
2. Be well versed about the school, in particular, and the Christian Classical model, in general, in order to lead tours of the campus and interact with prospective parents.
Extensive knowledge and experience in:
1. Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Publisher
2. Internet and emails in Outlook
Preferred, but not required, qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Experience in Christian schools, especially ASCI schools and their accreditation process.
3. CPR/First Aid training
4. Familiarity with Ren Web software