JEWS FOR JESUS, San Francisco Headquarters Office is currently looking to fill a position for:
Date Available: Immediately
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salary: to be negotiated based on experience; includes generous health and retirement benefits
Are you an energetic, self-motivated, creative individual with a passion for evangelism and excellent communication skills? Do you have a sharp, analytical mind for improving processes and user experiences? Do you have an eye for both visual and functional design? Jews For Jesus is a well-known international evangelistic outreach organization headquartered in San Francisco in need of a web developer with strong conceptual and production skills. This is a challenging, but rewarding position that will allow you to show your design, content management, and information architecture skills by contributing to our dynamic web department. This unique opportunity for ministry challenges you to be a part of a creative team that will use the internet to engage people from all walks of life who need Jesus. If you think this might be “you” we are describing, make it a matter of prayer.
• Passion for sharing the gospel message of Jesus
• Excellent analytical, leadership, and communication skills
• A strong sense of logic and information design with a basic understanding of visual design principles
• A portfolio, live URLs, or screen shots demonstrating your contributions to medium and at least one large sized web project
• A solid understanding of content management principles and the technology needed to support a centralized information system in the long run
• A solid understanding of PHP, and software design, and programming principles with at least a basic understanding of AJAX
• A solid understanding of centralizing relational, object-relational, and hierarchical data structures
• Must be able to code web-standards compliant cross-browser compatible HTML and have a basic understanding of CSS
• Must actively keep up with emerging web technology and have a strategic understanding of how/when to apply it
• Ability to rapidly prototype and effectively communicate your own (good) ideas in a team environment
• Ability to continuously accept and effectively present fresh content by keeping good communication channels open with writers, artists, and content contributors
• Ability to work independently and pro-actively under executive supervision
• Ability to pay high attention to detail and multi-task under deadlines
• Ability to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot immediate problems and offer long-term solutions
• University degree in business, computer science, design or similar degree
• Experience with online advertising (banners, landing pages, etc)
• Experience with formatted email publications or press releases
• Any additional programming experience (especially with C, C++, VB, or Python)
• Any additional information systems experience (especially networks or marketing information systems)
• Any visual design or artistic skills
Submit cover letter and resume, along with a portfolio and/or URLs of web sites you have worked on/designed. It will help also to know the details of how you contributed to each project (e.g. programming, overall design, graphics, functionality, etc.)
Go to this link To Apply
Fax: (866) 760-2865
Mail: Jews for Jesus, Attn: HR, 60 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Jews for Jesus
Jews for Jesus is an evangelistic organization dedicated to spreading the Gospel according to Romans 1:16. Our work is done as an arm of the local churches that are of various denominations.
Our Mission Statement We exist to make the messiahship of Jesus an unavoidable issue to our Jewish people worldwide.
Our Core Values Understanding that we at Jews for Jesus: - are under the authority of God and His word , - desire to honor Messiah Y'shua, and - are dependent upon the enabling power of the Holy Spirit...
...we commit to th More...