Moishe Rosen (77), the Founder of Jews for Jesus
, is an invalid, and needs a Personal Aide/Assistant to help with mobility, hygiene, and light office duties. He continues to work on correspondence, preparing lessons, occasional preaching.Date available:
Full-time staff (minimum 44 hrs/week)Compensation:
TBD, based on skills/experienceLocation:
Home office in the Founder’s home, located in San FranciscoResponsibilities:Personal/Health-related:
• Getting 50-pound wheelchair into and out of cars and buildings; helping him into and out of it; pushing it.
• Using electric power wheelchair lift to load 500-pound power wheelchair into and out of Moishe’s van.
• Helping him into and out of buildings, whether in the chair or walking (maneuvering stairs, thresholds, etc.).
• Helping put on his compression hose (stockings) and other articles (shoes, socks, pants, etc.); helping with lavatory needs, showering/bathing, etc.
• Traveling with him to local speaking engagements; driving his van
• Accompanying him to his swim therapy (including going into the pool with him); supervising/assisting with his other physical therapy exercises.
• Other miscellaneous, basic medical tasks as needed. (Moishe self-administers insulin shots and blood tests)Office Related:
• Assist the Executive Assistant with office clerical work such as typing, making travel arrangements, business arrangements, filing, and other office tasks as needed.
• Answering telephone
• Occasionally helping to receive guests and visitors.Required Qualifications:
• Candidate must have a servant spirit; character and spiritual life are very important, as well as active involvement in a local church
• Some para-medical or health-related background (this position was formerly filled by an RN, but practical health-care experience would be acceptable)
• Some physical strength needed; able to lift at least 70 pounds
• Valid California driver’s license; good driving record (insurable)
• Must have the legal right to work in the USA for at least three years
• Reasonable written and spoken command of the English language
• PunctualHelpful Skills:
• Experience working with handicapped or elderly helpful
• Administrative and computer skills
• Good typing skills
• Good speller
• Self-disciplined and self-motivated
• Ability to meet important people and put them at ease
• CookingBe part of a high-achieving team. If evangelism has an important role your life, you would enjoy seeing what God is doing through Jews for Jesus.Contact:
Jews for Jesus
60 Haight St.
San Francisco, CA 94102 Go to our Web page for More Information Fax: