Moishe Rosen (77), the Founder of Jews for Jesus, is an invalid, and needs a Personal Aide/Assistant to help with mobility, hygiene, and light office duties. He continues to work on correspondence, preparing lessons, occasional preaching.
Date available: Immediately
Class: Full-time staff (minimum 44 hrs/week)
Compensation: TBD, based on skills/experience
Location: Home office in the Founder’s home, located in San Francisco
• Getting 50-pound wheelchair into and out of cars and buildings; helping him into and out of it; pushing it.
• Using electric power wheelchair lift to load 500-pound power wheelchair into and out of Moishe’s van.
• Helping him into and out of buildings, whether in the chair or walking (maneuvering stairs, thresholds, etc.).
• Helping put on his compression hose (stockings) and other articles (shoes, socks, pants, etc.); helping with lavatory needs, showering/bathing, etc.
• Traveling with him to local speaking engagements; driving his van
• Accompanying him to his swim therapy (including going into the pool with him); supervising/assisting with his other physical therapy exercises.
• Other miscellaneous, basic medical tasks as needed. (Moishe self-administers insulin shots and blood tests)
• Assist the Executive Assistant with office clerical work such as typing, making travel arrangements, business arrangements, filing, and other office tasks as needed.
• Answering telephone
• Occasionally helping to receive guests and visitors.
• Candidate must have a servant spirit; character and spiritual life are very important, as well as active involvement in a local church
• Some para-medical or health-related background (this position was formerly filled by an RN, but practical health-care experience would be acceptable)
• Some physical strength needed; able to lift at least 70 pounds
• Valid California driver’s license; good driving record (insurable)
• Must have the legal right to work in the USA for at least three years
• Reasonable written and spoken command of the English language
• Experience working with handicapped or elderly helpful
• Administrative and computer skills
• Good typing skills
• Good speller
• Self-disciplined and self-motivated
• Ability to meet important people and put them at ease
Be part of a high-achieving team. If evangelism has an important role your life, you would enjoy seeing what God is doing through Jews for Jesus.
Jews for Jesus
60 Haight St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
Go to our Web page for More Information
Fax: (866) 760-2865
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Jews for Jesus
Jews for Jesus is an evangelistic organization dedicated to spreading the Gospel according to Romans 1:16. Our work is done as an arm of the local churches that are of various denominations.
Our Mission Statement We exist to make the messiahship of Jesus an unavoidable issue to our Jewish people worldwide.
Our Core Values Understanding that we at Jews for Jesus: - are under the authority of God and His word , - desire to honor Messiah Y'shua, and - are dependent upon the enabling power of the Holy Spirit...
...we commit to th More...