This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Urban Ministry Grant Writing Internship
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Date Posted: 06/08/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
TechMission Corps is now accepting resumes for one-year internships through AmeriCorps.
Grant Writing Intern Job Description
The Grant Writer is a full time position which is responsible for writing grants, managing existing grants, and assisting with development work with the following duties:
* Writing grants to corporate foundations, private foundations and government funding sources
* Managing existing grants including tracking data, compiling evaluations and writing reports to existing funding sources
* Researching grant opportunities and developing lists of potential funding sources
* Supervising the development of a donor base of individuals
* Networking with other organizations and individuals to develop fund raising opportunities
* Assisting in partnering with urban churches and Christian non-profit organizations for grant proposals
* Assisting with any other fund raising or development activities as needed
* Assisting with any administrative activities as needed
Individuals applying for this position should have very strong writing ability and organizational skills. Background and experience in working with diverse urban populations is strongly desired as well as experience in non-profit/faith-based organizations. Moderate knowledge of computers is required (extensive experience with Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Microsoft Windows). Applicants for this program must be at least 18 years old and have a high school degree or equivalent (GED); must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
* 40 hours/week, Mon.-Fri. Evenings and weekends as needed.
* 12-month term of service.
* Gain valuable experience from a national leader of intergenerational programming
* A taxable living subsistence allowance of approximately $949 per month
* Rental assistance provided
* May be eligible to receive either a taxable $4,725 education award or end-of-service taxable stipend of $1,200.
* 10 days of vacation time and 10 days of sick time (in addition to holidays)
* Limited health benefits
* May qualify for Student Loan Forbearance
* May qualify for payment of accrued interest on Student Loans
* May qualify for Food Stamps (value of up to $130 per month)
* May qualify for childcare allowance
* May qualify for relocation expense reimbursement
If you would like to apply or have any questions, contact us at 617-282-9798 ext. 106 or email miki at techmission.org