This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Salvation Army
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 07/08/2009
Job Type: Part-Time
The Secretary/Receptionist is responsible for running the front office of the corps. This includes receiving and directing phone calls, visitors, and deliveries. This person also is responsible for incoming/outgoing mail as well as correspondence from the Corps Officers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer telephone, screen calls, take messages and channel them to the appropriate personnel.
• Politely receive visitors and direct them to the appropriate areas.
• Perform a variety of typing/clerical duties/computer duties as required by the Corps Officer; i.e. correspondence, reports, etc.
• Record, total and report monthly statistics in a timely manner.
• Oversee employee time sheet.
• Help to see that the building is secure and machines are turned off at the end of the working day.
• Ensure there are sufficient supplies of all office materials, and order food supplies, janitorial supplies and miscellaneous supplies, after checking with Corps Officer.
• Properly maintain the Corps filing system.
• Perform any other reasonable duties which might be requested periodically but may not be outlined above.
• Maintain sufficient mailing supplies for all offices; i.e. letterhead, envelopes, stamps, etc.
• Responsible for the maintenance of all office equipment and machinery, including the calling of repairmen when necessary.
• Assist at Advisory Board/prepare Advisory reports.
• Ensure confidentiality of records and information is protected.
• Maintain and promote good public relations on behalf of The Salvation Army.
• All duties performed and services that are provided will be done in a totally confidential manner.
• Assist with hiring and performance evaluation paperwork.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Computer skills – Word/Excel
• Ability to multi task
• Good communication skills
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination