It is the mission of New Horizons Youth Ministry to help struggling youth transform into healthy Christian adults
Who We Are:
For over 35 years, New Horizons Youth Ministry has been assisting parents with their high-potential youth who are making at-risk decisions. They provide a therapeutic Christian education in a boarding school environment—with campuses in Indiana, the Dominican Republic and Canada.
The Three Foundational Pillars:
NHYM incorporates a separate home-life, education and counseling department into each of the three types of inter-related schools.
Students live with their house team in a family-type stetting. These closely knit family units help develop students' relationship skills, foster feelings of self-worth and augment personal Christian growth.
Both year-round boarding schools use a mixture of group and tutorial methods in small, stimulating classes that allow for close student supervision and individual instruction. Schools are certified by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and cover all major subject areas.
Social Services provides weekly individual counseling and group therapy sessions, crisis counseling as needed, individual case conferences and treatment plans and regular progress reports.
Getting Results for Our Families:
NHYM facilitates positive change in at-risk youth through relationships, structure, hard work and discipline.
Currently we are seeking to fill the postions of Houseparents / SYCW / Groupleader
A Housefather position entails providing leadership, supervision, and relationship development in a Christian boarding school environment. Position entails a "living in" work situation in a student residence, approximately 10 students per residence, on a full-time basis. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required for this position. Qualified candidates need to be 21 years of age or older and possess a strong desire to work in youth ministry.
Some specifics of the Housefather role:
* Build warm, positive, redemptive relationships with students and staff. A good Housefather reflects the same attributes that one would expect to see in a good father. Overall, he keeps the structure of the home by holding students accountable to the rules and building relationships.
* Be the principal authority figure, father figure, standard-setter, and enforcer in the student residence.
* Provide for the operation and administration of the house.
* Provide for the overall supervision of all students and their activities (active supervision vs. passive), while in his care.
* Provide for the general spiritual atmosphere and training in the house.
* Function as the leader of the house team (includes housemother, groupleader, support youth care worker, homeroom teacher, and counselor)
Being a Housefather is one of the most stretching and rewarding experiences that life has to offer.
A housemother position entails providing emotional support and nurturing, relationship development, and meal planning/preparation in a Christian boarding school environment. Position entails a "living in" work situation in a student residence, approximately 10 students per residence. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required for this position. Qualified candidates need to be 21 years of age or older and possess a strong desire to work in youth ministry.
Some specifics of the Housemother role:
* Build warm, positive, redemptive relationships with students and staff. A good Housemother reflects the same attributes that one would expect to see in a good mother.
* Cooking and grocery shopping (at NHA, most of the shopping is done by the Food Services Manager; at CVS, Housemothers do most of their own grocery shopping).
* Medical needs for the students. This includes dispensing medications, being the “first source” for student’s medical complaints, and working with the campus medical officer to ensure that the students’ medical needs are taken care of.
* Being the emotional “cookie-giver” for the house. The Housemother sets the emotional tone of the house.
There is no more significant way to invest your life than to offer it so that the love of Christ can reach through you to someone who is hurting.
Position entails providing leadership, informal counseling, supervision, and relationship development as a “big brother/sister" in a Christian boarding school environment. Position entails a "living in" work situation in a student residence, approximately 10 students per residence, on a full-time basis. Works with the other members of the house team (housemother, housefather, counselor, and teacher) to support the students and help them to fulfill their responsibilities and resolve conflicts and problems. Academic degree not required but preferred. Qualified candidates need to be 21 years of age or older and possess a strong desire to work in youth ministry.
* Goes to bat for the students by standing up for their interests.
* Helps them to obey the rules and follow the structure.
* Teaches the students how to have healthy relationships with each other and with staff.
* Explains the Housefather’s role to them and reassures them that he loves them, and will not accept them living below their potential.
* Gives the students hope when their lives seem hopeless.
* Shares in their pain and shows them grace.
* Is a friend to the students, yet not a peer.
* Works to earn the students’ trust and builds relationships with them.
* Works under the authority of the housefather in a supporting role.
The Groupleader lives alongside the students as a role model of Christ-like living and invites them to follow the same path.
Support Youth Care Worker:
Many of our students need an occasional break from school so they can be successful. Our solution is having them complete meaningful work projects with a caring staff member. A SYCW is able to give individual attention to students and works to complete projects. Other duties of the job include groundskeeping, maintenance and janitorial work—often with groups of students, transportation of students, occasional early morning/night/weekend relief coverage for off-duty house staff, special events planning, crisis management, supervising students to do chores, and other projects assigned by the support service department head. Qualifications for this position include having a desire to works with teens, being a self-starter, and having a strong work ethic. Good childcare skills are a must for this position.
Housing and Airfare provided.
To apply, fill out an application found on our website http://nhym.org/contact-new-horizons-youth-ministries.html
Fax (765) 662-1407
Send via the post office
Human Resource Department
1002 S. 350 E. Marion,
United States .
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Entry Level Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
College Prep High School Teachers for Church Leaders Children in AsiaPrivate Profile
- Asia, Asia
- December 2
Elementary School English Teachers in AsiaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Teach Basketball in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- Hangzhou, China
- December 2
New Horizons Youth Ministries
New Horizons' mission is to provide therapeutic, Christian education in a boarding school environment; serving as a place of Christian refuge for spiritual growth and character building. New Horizons has three campuses in Marion, Indiana, Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic, and Ontario, Canada. New Horizons Youth Ministries runs two year round schools and two summer camps. More...