TEAM’s purpose is to help churches send missionaires to establish reproducing churches among the nations to the glory of God.
TEAM is an evangelical mission agency located in Carol Stream, Illinois. There are over 650 missionaries who have been sent by their churches, through TEAM, to serve in forty five world regions. Our headquarters in the United States and office in Calgary, Canada, provide contact points for churches and individuals and are hubs for providing a wide range of services for our missionary personnel.
This is a key leadership role within TEAM, enhancing the work of God through TEAM by engaging donors in world mission through mutually beneficial relationships based on biblical stewardship. Ministry Advancement includes all areas of TEAM’s stewardship ministries and donor relations. This individual should be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, and active in fellowship with a Bible-believing church.
• A person who is growing in relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, walking with and learning from Him constantly
• Makes decisions out of right motives and a deep spiritual understanding
• Servant leader who demonstrates faith, humility, and unity
• Functioning part of a local church
• Committed to the ministry of world mission
• Enthusiastic about TEAM’s purpose, vision, values
• Experienced in building and maintaining relationships with donors and engaging them in world mission through giving
• Strong leadership experience
• Good communicator, oral and written; good listener
• Team player
Goals and Activities:
Consistent Philosophy of Stewardship
• Disciples donors in an understanding of biblical stewardship
• Engages in stewardship training with staff, board members, appointees, missionaries, national partners, and churches/ethnic churches in North America, as assigned
• Upholds and periodically improves TEAM’s stewardship policy
• Maintains and articulates to donors TEAM’s case for support
• Evaluates funding opportunities (cause concepts) to ensure they are a good match with TEAM; monitors cause concept circulation and fulfillment
• Maintains and aligns with a big-picture understanding of TEAM, constantly seeking to improve the ways in which TEAM builds relationships with current and prospective donors, primarily in the U.S. and Canada
• Develops long-term plans to achieve organizational objectives in fund development and donor relations
• Identifies and researches potential and existing donors
• Plans moves management strategy for current and prospective donors; plans and implements activities that win, keep, and lift donors
• Defines and manages a caseload of donor relationships; assigns and monitors caseloads of staff and volunteers; ensures caseload of TEAM’s International Director is well-managed.
• Helps TEAM to invest wisely and effectively in all Ministry Advancement-related matters. Uses relevant and helpful metrics for measurement of effectiveness
• Implements and monitors progress toward long-term plans in fund development and donor relations; provides reports as requested
• Engages donors in God’s work through TEAM including events, vision trips, ministry briefings
• Invites donors to give to cause concepts based on TEAM priorities
• Prays with donors about donor prayer requests
• Engages with missionaries, alumni, churches, and recruits as assigned
• Represents TEAM to external audiences, with and/or on behalf of the International Director
• Provides excellent communication for TEAM’s donor audience, including appeal letter texts, grant proposals, ministry updates, stewardship reports, and marketing materials
Administration and Systems:
• Maintains donor information in the database; generates reports as assigned
• Oversees and coaches Ministry Advancement staff, including offsite representatives; participates in the hiring process of Ministry Advancement staff
• Prepares and maintains the budget for Ministry Advancement activities, both personal and for the staff under his or her direction, as assigned
• Supplies and monitors information to/from independent or public-domain information providers such as Guidestar, WallWatchers, etc.
Reports to the Senior Director for Support Services, functioning as a member of the Wheaton office Administrative Coordination Team.
View TEAM’s Statement of Faith and Core Values to confirm full support and agreement prior to submitting resume.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Bonnie McGraw, HR Manager
The Evangelical Alliance Mission / TEAM
400 S. Main Place
Carol Stream, Illinois 60188
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
House ParentJoy Ranch, A Christian Home for Children
- Woodlawn, Virginia
- October 27
Divisional Field Director Southern RegionStonecroft Ministries
- Overland Park, Kansas
- October 27
Accounting ClerkCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 27
House Parents (Husband & Wife Teams)New River Ranch Inc
- Fayetteville, West Virginia
- October 27
Web DeveloperHigh Point
- Dallas, Texas
- October 27
TEAM (The Evangelical Alliance Mission)
The Evangelical Alliance Mission (TEAM) helps churches send missionaries. TEAM's U.S. administrative offices are located in Carol Stream, IL and Maryville, TN and from these bases we provide the following services to churches, missionaries and others interested in global outreach: donor relations, financial services, partnership creation, strategic planning, member care services for missionaries, mobilization of missionaries, training for lifelong learning, and much more.More...