This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children and Family Ministries
maderia silverwood presbyterian church
cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 05/17/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
MADEIRA SILVERWOOD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Position Title: Director of Children and Family Ministries
Reporting Structure: Pastor/Head of Staff
Status: Exempt, Full-Time-40 hours per week
Purpose of Position
To reflect the love of Christ by coordinating and directing the children’s ministries of MSPC for children from birth to the 6th grade and providing support to parents who are ultimately responsible for the spiritual training of their children.
1. Provide a warm, caring and welcoming environment where children experience the love of Jesus and are prepared to receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior and serve Him in their daily lives.
2. Develop and implement the children’s church school programs from birth to the 6th grade during the designated church school year. Review and evaluate Bible-based church school curriculum and all other programs to assure that they are effective and support the mission/vision statements of MSPC.
3. Recruit and provide training, leadership and support for church school teachers/helpers and volunteers involved in other programs for children and their families.
4. Support families by providing educational resources/programs for parents relating to various child development issues, spiritual development, and parental responsibilities.
5. Develop personal relationships with each child and their family through activities such as sending birthday cards, attending school events, and visiting children in the hospital.
6. Plan intergenerational outreach activities for the entire family. Examples may include Breakfast in Bethlehem, family camp-outs, etc. Plan special holiday programs and weekly programs as directed.
7. Plan and supervise summer ministries, which may include activities such as Vacation Bible School and/or Resident Camp.
8. Provide opportunities for children and their families to serve others, both within and outside the church, by becoming involved in serving activities, such as “Christmas Shoe Boxes” or food for the needy, that demonstrate the importance of serving others.(Matt.25:45)
9. Responsible for the Child Care ministry during Sunday morning, special events, and other church-related functions.
10. Encourage families to worship together on Sunday morning. Provide worship materials for children to use as guides and oversee the pre-school sermon release program.
11. Communicate regularly with parents, prepare a monthly newsletter and seek feedback as to how we can better serve our children and families.
12. Purchase curriculum and other resource materials needed for classes and programs. Maintain proper financial reporting and prepare budgets as determined by the Trustees.
13. Review and implement policies and practices to assure the health and safety of all
14. Attend and participate in MSPC staff and Christian education meetings.
15. Worship at MSPC during one of the Sunday morning services
16. Interact with MSPC youth and adult Christian education leaders to assure a consistent ministry approach to Christian education teaching at all ages.
17. Assure that accurate attendance records are maintained for all classes and programs connected with children’s ministries and prepare necessary reports.
18. Serve as special counsel and be the MSPC representative for American Heritage Girls and Cub Scouts. Attend special award ceremonies.
19. Perform other related duties as directed by Pastor/Head of Staff.
1. A mature Christian who has accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior and believes in and will adhere to the principles of the mission/vision statements and core values of MSPC which include being committed to a life of prayer, discipline, integrity, and obedience to biblical teachings.
2. Must be a team player with strong leadership skills.
3. Must exhibit a genuine love and understanding of children and appropriate developmental expectations.
4. A minimum of two years of experience working full time with children in a learning environment or equivalent part time experience is required. Two or more years of related experience in children’s ministries is preferred.
5. A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience/training is preferred. Specialization in elementary education, Christian education, or related area is preferred.