This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Church Development Manager
Free Wheelchair Mission
Irvine, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/11/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Summary: Responsible for the development and leadership of all outreach to local, regional and national church groups. Provide support and encouragement to churches currently involved with FWM and solicit involvement from those who are not familiar with the mission. Help fulfill the mission and vision of Free Wheelchair Mission and reach the goal of generating at least half of our funding from churches. Create marketing strategies to raise awareness and interest in Free Wheelchair Mission’s need to provide the gift of mobility to the poorest of the poor in developing countries and cultivate relationships with key churches, denominations and religious organizations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and develop strong relationships with churches by identifying partnerships with churches within Orange County and throughout California and the United States.
• Serve as primary point of contact for local church communities and congregations
• Available for extensive travel, including weekends, to direct and support regional coordinators
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for FWM
• Develop program and educational materials to targeted demographics to link churches with Free Wheelchair Mission
• Focus on mobilizing congregations to get involved with Free Wheelchair Mission
• Act as key speaker on behalf of Free Wheelchair Mission at church meetings
• Create and communicate church referrals
• Attend and participate in FWM staff retreats and scheduled fundraising events
• Ability to recruit, equip and lead regional part-time coordinators
• Ability to recruit, equip and lead church volunteers in projects
• Ability to determine “what works and what doesn’t” and recommend required changes
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned in support of daily job duties
• Share the message of Free Wheelchair Mission and our goal, “to provide the transforming gift of mobility with the disabled poor in developing countries.”
• At minimum of at least 3 years in pastoral missions and/or nonprofit development
• Familiarity with church organizational and decision-making processes
• Familiarity with missionary organizations or disabilities a plus
• Ability to recruit, train and retain volunteers
• Experience in the non-profit or philanthropic sectors highly desirable
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S. / B.A.)
Knowledge and Critical Skills:
• Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate church staff and congregation
• Participate in, oversee and coordinate donor-development efforts. Follow-up with prospects and establish new volunteers with churches.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact diplomatically with diverse donors and groups
• Commitment to the mission and vision of Free Wheelchair Mission
ABOUT FREE WHEELCHAIR MISSION
Free Wheelchair Mission (FWM) is a faith-based, non-profit organization based in Irvine, California. Our mission is to “Transform lives through the gift of mobility to the physically disabled poor in developing countries as motivated by Jesus Christ”. Our vision is to “To creatively partner with like-minded international humanitarian and indigenous organizations to place 20 million wheelchairs”. Free Wheelchair Mission has grown rapidly since its beginning in 2001, and has shipped over 390,000 wheelchairs to over 70 countries all over the world.
Free Wheelchair Mission is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. This position of Church Development Manager is employed “at will” by Free Wheelchair Mission. Compensation: salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter addressing your experience with regard to the responsibilities and qualifications listed above, and resume with work and volunteer experience to email@example.com with “Church Development Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information visit www.freewheelchairmission.org