Sun Valley Indian School is an independent non-profit Christian organization affiliated with the Church of the Nazarene and embrace a Wesleyan/Armenian theological heritage.Our mission
is "To reach children and youth for Christ and develop their Christian character through teaching and discipleship." We are a boarding school for Native American children. The majority of our students are from the Navajo Nation.The foundation
of Sun Valley Indian School is Jesus Christ and His plan of Salvation for all people. Our children participate in chapel and daily Bible classes. They learn about Jesus' love and His desire to be their best friend. They also learn that He offers hope and help for living a good life.
Sun Valley Indian School, located in Sun Valley, Arizona provides an education plan for children in elementary, and junior grades. The college preparatory program allows our children to participate in a wide variety of foundational classes: science, literature, math, English, physical education, Bible, history and art. Also offered is a choice of electives that allow our children's minds and horizons to be stretched as they experience classes like: computer, sports, and music.
The school is staffed by qualified and caring people who exemplify the love of God through their lifestyles. Our staff members are born-again Christians who have a "missionary heart" for their Native American students. Their devotion is clearly seen in their willingness to come from all over the United States to serve at Sun Valley Indian School. Sun Valley Indian School provides a clean, warm, and safe boarding school environment, where our children live under the loving and prayerful care of dedicated dorm parents. Current Job Opportunities:NURSE/ HEALTH TECHNICIANDepartment:
Support Staff:Reporting Relationship:
Directly to Student Life Director/ Dorm SupervisorLocation of Job:
Health Tech’s Office Work Schedule:
Monday- Friday Clinic hours, Dorm Checks as indicated, evening and weekend On-call when students are on campus.Salary Range:
$550 – $700 per mo.
In addition to salary- housing, utilities, laundry facility & meals (when cafeteria is open)
are furnishedSummary of Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as a positive Christian role model to students, staff, and the public while employed with SVIS.
• Observe students regularly to detect health needs, including visits to each dorm as needed.
• Responsible for the selection, referral, and transportation of students in need of medical and/or dental care.
• Maintain first-aid kits and over-the-counter medicines for use on campus.
• Supervise any on-campus health services, such as dental, vision, and hearing screening.
• Report to Administrator school health matters.
• Maintain current health records on all students.
• Develop and implement a total school health program.
• Authorize exclusion and re-admission of students in relation to infectious diseases.
• Assist with newsletter preparation and mailing.
• Perform other duties and assignments as required.
To apply for this position at Sun Valley Indian School visit our Job Opportunities
, and fill out the application Packet.