This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bethany House of Northern Virginia
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 08/07/2009
Categories: House Parent
Job Type: Part-Time
Seeking mature Christian woman for live-in position in faith-based domestic violence shelter. House Manager has private bedroom and bath. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Bilingual a plus but not required. Free housing & monthly stipend.
Objective: The House Manager will live with the residents, provide a home-like atmosphere for clients and offer each resident understanding, encouragement and support in practical daily affairs.
Under the supervision of the Family Assistance Program Manager, the House Manager has the following specific duties and responsibilities:
• Model appropriate interpersonal interaction and responsible behavior for clients, including confidentiality, attentiveness to house rules, cleanliness, politeness, conflict resolution, and respect for individual clients’ cultural, religious, ethnic, family or other background.
• Supervise daily operations of shelter, including housekeeping, meal preparation, curfew and client interaction.
• Maintain chore list and assign residents to specific tasks with instructions and/or demonstration of assigned duties.
• Maintain daily log of activities within shelter and significant client interactions.
• Prepare client rooms between occupancy for incoming clients, including inventory of furniture and other provided items, change of linens, welcome basket, etc.
• Provide light maintenance on home (e.g., changing furnace filters monthly) and advise office of needed repairs in a timely manner.
• Provide transportation of clients to Thursday evening programs and other scheduled client events.