Sun Valley Indian School is an independent non-profit Christian organization affiliated with the Church of the Nazarene and embrace a Wesleyan/Armenian theological heritage.Our mission
is "To reach children and youth for Christ and develop their Christian character through teaching and discipleship." We are a boarding school for Native American children. The majority of our students are from the Navajo Nation.The foundation
of Sun Valley Indian School is Jesus Christ and His plan of Salvation for all people. Our children participate in chapel and daily Bible classes. They learn about Jesus' love and His desire to be their best friend. They also learn that He offers hope and help for living a good life.
Sun Valley Indian School, located in Sun Valley, Arizona provides an education plan for children in elementary, and junior grades. The college preparatory program allows our children to participate in a wide variety of foundational classes: science, literature, math, English, physical education, Bible, history and art. Also offered is a choice of electives that allow our children's minds and horizons to be stretched as they experience classes like: computer, sports, and music.
The school is staffed by qualified and caring people who exemplify the love of God through their lifestyles. Our staff members are born-again Christians who have a "missionary heart" for their Native American students. Their devotion is clearly seen in their willingness to come from all over the United States to serve at Sun Valley Indian School. Sun Valley Indian School provides a clean, warm, and safe boarding school environment, where our children live under the loving and prayerful care of dedicated dorm parents.
Current Job OpportunitiesTEACHERDepartment
Directly to AdministratorLocation of Job
Assigned Classroom Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pmSalary Package:
Beginning at $21,000 for the school year. This includes housing, utilities, laundry facility & meals (when cafeteria is open) plus a monetary salary determined by certification and education. Please note that student loans are reduced 20% each year you spend at SVIS..
Qualifications: Bachelor of Education; ACSI Certification preferred, but may be obtained on campus. Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as a positive Christian role model to students, staff, and the public while employed with SVIS.
• Attend all inservice training sessions, workshops, ACSI Teacher's Conventions, teachers meetings scheduled, etc.
• Provide academic and spiritual leadership to students.
• Prepare lesson plans in advance, in accordance with the Teacher's Handbook and curriculum guidelines, striving for completion of each area of study each year.
• Prepare and maintain classroom for optimal and enjoyable teaching/learning experience.
• Teach each class completely folowing the designated SVIS curriculum, providing tutorial assistance as directed.
• Follow Teacher Handbook, utilizing Assertive Discipline appropriately, supporting and implementing all specific regulations and instructions listed, including additional guidelines issued.
• Manage classroom behavior, giving appropriate consequences firmly and fairly, thereby reducing further misbehavior.
• Maintain accurate student records, grading assignments/tests timely. Notify the administrator of continued failure by any student.
• Delegate classroom chores fairly, thereby teaching hygiene and keeping clean classrooms.
• Perform other duties and assignments as required.
To apply for this position at Sun Valley Indian School visit our Job Opportunities
, and fill out the application Packet.