This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Salvation Army
TAMWORTH, NSW, Australia
Date Posted: 05/04/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 29th MAY 2009
* A commitment to the Christian faith and mission of The Salvation Army. An ability to offer pastoral assistance, to pray and to explain the Christian Gospel.
* A competent Christian Counsellor eligible for membership of APS or a PACFA recognised professional association.
* At least two years recovery experience were applicable.
* Demonstrated skills in negotiating and resolving sensitive and complex issues on behalf of clients.
* Ability to contribute to service development, planning and to team problem-solving.
* The ability to ensure accurate and appropriate recording and administrative systems are kept.
* Committed to upgrading skills and knowledge through ongoing supervision and training.
* Relevant qualification in counselling
* Experience working in the drug and alcohol addiction field.
* Group Leadership skills.
* A sound knowledge of recovery issues.