This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Residence Minister For Spirituality
St. John's University
Jamaica, New York, United States
Date Posted: 05/01/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
• Establish and coordinate spirituality opportunities regularly including evenings and occasional weekends for the resident student population.
• Live in the residence hall and be available to students in need on a 24 hour basis for counseling and support, spiritual accompaniment, mentoring opportunities and community building (availability on two weekday evenings in office- covering Henley and Hollis Halls).
• Visible presence in Montgoris Dinning Hall three to four times a week.
• Provide programming pertaining to Catholic mission, spiritual and moral development and Vincentian heritage (RA training, RA classes, Resident Hall staff meetings).
• Assist with Sunday night Mass and programming.
• Assist with the direction of retreat program.
• Moderate Catholic student group.
• Facilitate spirituality programming for learning communities.
• Moderator of Students for Life.
• Collaborate with Student Affairs for Interfaith and LEAD Visioning from Within Programming.
• Assist with music ministry.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Campus Minister will live and work in residential housing.
• Strong academic and pastoral background in the facilitation of spiritual development and direction with young adults is required.
• Five to ten (10) years of leadership experience in ministry.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Capabilities in working with liturgical music ministry are ideal for the person seeking this position.
St. John’s offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John’s performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Please apply directly on line at: