This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
President/Executive Director - SAT-7 USA
Location negotiable, Any State, United States
Date Posted: 05/01/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
SAT-7 USA, based in Easton, MD, seeks applicants and nominations for a President / Executive Director. The President / Executive Director, USA (the “ED”) serves as the senior executive of SAT-7 USA, directing all day-to-day facets of the ministry. The ED reports directly to the Board of Directors and works most closely with the Executive Committee of the board and with SAT-7’s International Director/CEO, based in Nicosia, Cyprus. The Executive Director’s primary purpose is the planning and hands-on implementation of an aggressive resource development and strategic alliance effort. Working closely with the International Director/CEO, the Board, and other active leaders, the ED will build and direct a team of staff, volunteers, and partner agencies to secure continually increasing gift income from current and potential donors. The ED is responsible to know and act in concert with a commitment to strengthening and empowering the Christians of the Middle East in their work, life and witness for the sake of the kingdom of God.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A mature and growing Christian exhibiting characteristics described in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
• Minimum ten years experience as an administrator or manager and proactive leader in a non-profit organization or related business sector.
• Understanding of the advancement and marketing efforts of a Christian not-for-profit organization with a demonstrated track record of prior fund-raising success preferred.
• Ability to manage personnel remotely.
• A Master’s Degree or higher is preferred.
• Ability to travel at least forty percent of the time.
• Location/ Relocation negotiable.
Interested candidates should send a brief letter of interest by e-mail to Mr. Derric Bakker, Vice President, The Timothy Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAT-7® is a Christian satellite television network by and for the people of the Middle East and North Africa. Broadcasting a variety of indigenously produced Christian programs on three channels in Arabic and Farsi, the ministry reaches into the homes of millions of viewers weekly with attractive, inspiring, Bible-based programs. SAT-7 USA is an independent corporation set up to provide resources in funding, prayer, personnel, and technical services to accomplish the international ministry goals of SAT-7. For information visit: http://www.sat7usa.org