This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Newport Advisory, LLC
Newport Beach, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/28/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Newport Advisory, LLC, is a biblically-based investment management/wealth management firm. Our origins date back to 1984. We are located in Newport Beach, CA. We are Christian based Investment Management firm also counseling clients in financial planning and estate planning.
We are in need of a high energy, outgoing, adaptable, well organized administrative assistant. We are seeking an experienced candidate with strong, broad administrative skills in a small office environment. The candidate should have strong computer skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and be highly professional. Experience in the investment/securities industry is required.
The position will work directly with the President of the firm and will have broad responsibilities.
WHAT YOU DO: Administrative Assistant
• Provide administrative and related services designed to improve operating efficiency for the company.
• Answers telephones, transfers calls and takes accurate messages to ensure prompt response.
• Work with regular supervision to plan, prioritize, communicate and organize a generally standard workload.
• Make decisions with regular supervision by manager. Exercises basic reasoning skills and judgment in making decisions.
• Utilizes basic time management skills.
• Communicates in a clear and articulate manner.
• Produces simple documents and presentations accurately, based on manager's direction, to effectively communicate information or data.
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of the parties and situations under which confidential information may be disclosed.
• Assists in organizing materials required by presenters and attendees.
• Makes travel arrangements, using preferred travel vendors and in line with Company travel policy and procedures.
• Actively participates in projects completing assigned tasks within established timelines.
• Completes tasks and other projects as assigned by management.
WHO YOU ARE: Education, Experience and Skills
• 2+ years experience in the investment/financial planning/wealth management industry. Series 7 or Schwab experience a plus. Experience with Portfolio Center a double plus.
• 2+ years of relevant office experience required.
• High School Diploma required.
• Strong PC literacy with basic skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to find solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity, referring to Company policies and practices for guidance.
We are an equal opportunity employer.