BEE World - Biblical Education by Extension
Web Programmer Position Description:
The Web Programmer (WP) will develop the programming and database support necessary for the required functionality within the BEE World and the IBS Web sites. . The WP will work as a team member with the Curriculum Development Team, the Systems Analyst, the Course Publisher, Graphics Artists, and the IBS Project Manager to ensure that all necessary functionality is working and providing the needed web site services. The WP will actively work to troubleshoot and correct problems. As well as working continually to improve the web sites for delivery of web site content. The WP will work closely with the Systems Analyst and IBS Project Manager to help in the preparation and delivery of the course content to the web. The WP may also be required to work with and manage volunteer Web Programmers contributing to projects on each web site. The WP will work closely with the IBS Web Developer in the implementation of Web site content. The WP is a member of the IBS Team.
• Work in a team environment to produce complete PHP content for the BEE World and the IBS Web site.
• Learn and maintain knowledge of web site programs and processes for the delivery of web site content on the IBS site.
• Maintain and improve the code behind the IBS site and troubleshoot this code
• Work closely with the IBS Editor Programmer to improve the code that is associated with course construction.
• Work with members of the Curriculum Development Team and the IBS Development Team to produce and improve all web site programs.
• Implement the web site programs to meet the functional needs as designed by the IBS Systems Analyst.
• Maintain version control and content integrity of all web site programs.
• Work closely with the IBS Web Developer in the implementation of the site content.
• Recognize and communicate changes that affect the Curriculum Development Team and the IBS Development Team.
• Work within guidelines and timelines defined by the Curriculum Development and the IBS Development Teams.
• Continually analyze the web site content to see how is can be improved and make recommendations to the Curriculum Director and the IBS Project Manager.
• Willing and able to work in a team environment.
• Experience with object-oriented PHP
• Experience with a MVC PHP framework
• Experience with CSS – understanding of separation between design and content
• Experience with Ajax
• Experience with XML
• Experience with MySQL
• -support development of IBS and BEE Web sites in the delivery of course content.
• Able to learn quickly.
• Able to follow and troubleshoot processes.
• Able to recognize relationships between tasks completed and effects on other members of the team.
• Able to use Macromedia Dreamweaver.
• Knowledge of VBA, C++, HTML and XHTML a plus.
• Needs to be a team player
• Must be detail-oriented, methodical, and thorough in their work habits
• This person should also possess strong communication skills.
BEE World is a Faith Mission, meaning the person accepting this position must be willing to raise their personal support. BEE World will provide support systems to aid the candidate, upon acceptance, to know how to begin to build their prayer and financial support teams.
* This position may be either a paid position, or a raise your own support position (depending on funding).
If you are interested in applying please for ward your Resume and Cover Letter to this EMAIL address.
Call us at 719-785-8490
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
College Prep High School Teachers for Church Leaders Children in AsiaPrivate Profile
- Asia, Asia
- December 2
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Web DeveloperTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- November 10
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
BEE (Biblical Education by Extension) World is a multinational organization providing a unique method of comprehensive interactive Bible training for pastors and leaders of the persecuted church in countries where Christians find it difficult to obtain such training. Students are equipped as servant-leaders to develop growing and reproducing churches. Courses are taken in native languages via a variety of forms including regular visits from BEE facilitators. Course texts are provided in print and, where possible, on CD, on the Internet, or b More...