The Optimum Health Institute (OHI) is a Mission of the Free Sacred Trinity Church (FSTC), a non-denominational Church that has been operating healing ministries since 1976. At OHI's San Diego and Austin holistic health centers, people of all traditions are welcome to participate in our program that promotes spiritual and physical healing by teaching ancient spiritual disciplines to align the mind, body and spirit.Position Overview
As a Food Prep Worker, you will play a critical role in preparing foods that purify the body with a raw live organic vegetarian diet and grow sprouts. You will support the Kitchen Manager and kitchen team by preparing raw vegan, fermented and dehydrated foods, the cleanliness of the Mission’s kitchen and dining area and ensuring that you follow and adhere to all safety standards and policies in adherence with the mind, body, and spiritual programs at OHI. Responsibilities
• Prepare raw vegan food in accordance with prescribed recipes and served on a timely basis.
• Prepare fermented and dehydrated foods, and grow sprouts.
• Cuts, peels, and juices raw vegetables.
• Plate food items; Examine food items for completeness and appearance; Serve food to guest; and store left over food in the refrigerator.
• Clean food preparation equipment, dishes, silverware, and glasses.
• Help clean sinks, shelves, floor, dining room and walk-in refrigerator.
• Complete tasks in a timely manner
• Other duties and projects as assigned Qualifications:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education experience.
• 1 year related experience in preparation of raw food in restaurant or food service; experience with kitchen procedure & equipment; if you have a high school diploma or GED.
We offer a rewarding non-smoking, drug-free work environment and a competitive benefits program.
Join a faith-based organization committed to your success. To Apply:
Submit your application by visiting our Careers Page
* Click on the job opening in which you are interested, after reading the job description if you wish to apply...
* Click on the "Click Here to Apply"
button to download the fillable PDF application.
Submit ONLINE or fax to: (858) 634-5029. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE