This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Tri-City Christian School
Conover, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 03/31/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Head Administrator – Job Description
The Head Administrator will act as the chief officer of the school and will be responsible for daily operations, personnel, expenditures, and any other area that affects school operations. The Administrator is also responsible for making all recommendations regarding policies and procedures. The Head Administrator will be responsible for the creation and execution of the long-term vision and growth strategy to propel TCCS to the next level. Additionally, this position will act as the primary representative for all community outreach, development activities and programs.
The list below details some of the many responsibilities the Administrator must implement and/or oversee. The Administrator reports to the Church Administrator and works with the school board concerning school policy.
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
• Agree with the statement of faith/professional standards of Tri-City Baptist Church.
• Oversee the discipline of students/staff/faculty as needed.
• Promote personal leadership among staff, faculty, students, and families.
• Cast vision for the future of the school both long-term and immediate as well as develop a short term and long term plan to reach this vision/goal.
• Boundless energy with a can do mentality.
• Oversee the application and enrollment processes.
• Advise on student placements.
• Oversee the assignment of students to teachers.
• Oversee the enrollment, withdrawal, course changes, and basic student information on the school's student information system.
• Hire and train teachers and staff.
• Manage all TCCS staff hiring, development and issue resolution.
• Director of Faculty & Curriculum.
• Organize and oversee staff orientations.
• Organize and oversee parent and student orientations.
• Oversee the Director of Student Activities with regards to school events.
• Oversee After-School and Summer Day Camp programs.
• Ensure that the academic and social programs of the school meet the school's vision.
• Create an environment where meeting and supporting the needs of students, families, and staff is the central focus of the administration.
• Work with administrative staff to ensure that processes and communication between the school and K-12 are in place
• Develop and implement the school's policies and oversee the writing of its handbooks
• Work to ensure that all reporting requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner (including school report cards and all state and federal reports)
• Ensure that the school meets stated curriculum and policy standards.
• Ensure that student progress and logging of attendance hours meet school and state requirements.
• Work with administrative staff to organize and deliver ongoing staff development.
• Oversee testing logistics for school.
• Develop regular and effective communication channels with families.
• Pursue accreditation procedures for the school.
• Oversee the adherence of school standards and policies by staff members, faculty members, and students
• Ensure that administrative duties and responsibilities are adequately shared and balanced among those in administrative positions
• Delegate responsibilities from the list above to the appropriate members of the administration and staff.
• Prepare and oversee annual budget
• Understand the state Chart of Accounts
• Work with the accounting department and Church administrator to oversee all business operations including: billing, budget development, cash flow reports, payroll, retirement plans, health benefit. programs, and any other business or personnel issues .
• Inform Board on all financial matters.
• Develop and lead capital fund raising programs.
• Represent TCCS in the community and be recognized as a leader with-in the local and state academic circles.
• Promote the school and its interests with its various publics.
• Work with development department to organize and lead student recruitment events.
• Help develop public relations, communications, and marketing plans.
The Administrator will have:
• Masters degree or equivalent work experience.
• School administration experience.
• Experience with school boards.
• Great organizational and time management skills.
• Flexible schedule.
• Advanced technology skills (proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, Database Management, and Internet skills).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.