Alaska Christian College is affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church of America and is part of the Evangelical Covenant Church of Alaska.
ACC’s mission is to provide a Christ-centered and general studies education to primarily Native Alaskan youth in a culturally relevant community. ACC offers small class sized and a caring, qualified faculty in order to meet the individual needs of each student. ACC is a non-profit organization funded primarily by gifts from individuals, churches, corporations, and foundations. Alaska Christian College is located on the outskirts of Soldotna on the Kenai Peninsula. All paid positions at the College are considered mission/ministry and require fundraising by the candidate to finance their salary.The College is seeking qualified candidates for a Maintenance/Custodial Technician.
* This position is involved in the daily operations of the campus plant.
* Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that all machinery and equipment continues to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
* Must have a general knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance and a working knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction, facility management, building repair, and water systems. * This individual must be dependable and able to handle a variety of routine tasks and responsibilities in a professional, prompt manner.
* The person must show initiative and good judgment, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Must function well in a cross cultural environment, have a teachable attitude, be a team player, and demonstrate good communication skills.
* Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
* This position reports to the Director of Facilities. Position status:
* Full Time Regular, Non-Exempt.
* Open until filled. In addition to the Maintenance/Custodial Technician we are also looking to fill these positions:
Adjunct English Professor
Office Assistant/ReceptionistQualified candidates should send a cover letter and current resume to:
Linda J Lundquist
Director of Human Resources
Alaska Christian College
35109 Royal Place
Soldotna, Alaska 99669 Please forward your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com or call 907-260-7422
PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applicants who are eligible to work in the US and that we won’t sponsor work visas.This is mission/ministry position and requires fundraising to cover salary.
The position also provides occasions to serve alongside student workers in the performance of these duties allowing opportunity to encourage, mentor, and model discipleship.