Alaska Christian College is affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church of America and is part of the Evangelical Covenant Church of Alaska.
ACC’s mission is to provide a Christ-centered and general studies education to primarily Native Alaskan youth in a culturally relevant community. ACC offers small class sized and a caring, qualified faculty in order to meet the individual needs of each student. ACC is a non-profit organization funded primarily by gifts from individuals, churches, corporations, and foundations. Alaska Christian College is located on the outskirts of Soldotna on the Kenai Peninsula. All paid positions at the College are considered mission/ministry and require fundraising by the candidate to finance their salary.The College is seeking qualified candidates for a COOK.
* This position is involved in the daily operations of a commercial kitchen throughout the academic year.
* Experience in a food service position is preferred since knowledge of raw materials, productions processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and serving of food is necessary.
* This individual must be dependable and able to handle a variety of routine tasks and responsibilities in a professional, prompt manner.
* The person must have excellent organizational skills, initiative and good judgment, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Must function well in a cross cultural environment, have a teachable attitude, be a team player, and demonstrate good communication skills both verbal and written.
* The ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
* The person must have or be willing to acquire ServSafe Certification.
* Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
* This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President. Position status:
* Part Time Regular
* Open until filled. In addition to the Cook we are also looking to fill these positions:
Adjunct English Professor
Office Assistant/ReceptionistQualified candidates should send a cover letter and current resume to:
Linda J Lundquist
Director of Human Resources
Alaska Christian College
35109 Royal Place
Soldotna, Alaska 99669 Please forward your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com or call 907-260-7422
PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applicants who are eligible to work in the US and that we won’t sponsor work visas.This is mission/ministry position and requires fundraising to cover salary.
The position also provides occasions to serve alongside student workers in the performance of these duties allowing opportunity to encourage, mentor, and model discipleship.