The primary responsibility of this person is to maintain and repair computer hardware and other computer related peripherals. This position will also spend significant amounts of time responding to and completing customer submitted work requests.
• Setup, configuration, and maintenance of both PC and Macintosh desktop and laptop computers
• Have some knowledge of Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP, DOS, Mac OS (9.x/OSX), TCP/IP, Ethernet, IPX, Microsoft Office suite, Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator/Communicator, Mozilla Firefox, Norton AntiVirus and Utilities, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Norton Ghost
• Familiarity with setup, troubleshooting and configuration of various PDAs (Palm OS & WinCE)
• Create and install network station cables (CAT5e)
• Diagnose and solve hardware/software problems and provide suggested solutions
• Provide technical support for APU Regional Centers
• Provide user support by solving hardware issues as needed by the IMT Support Desk
• Document solutions to common hardware problems
• Repair some PC and Mac computer hardware at the component level
• Perform and/or arrange for preventative maintenance and repairs on various computers
• Keep equipment inventory databases current
• Stay current on emerging trends in computer hardware and software
• Attend and participate in IMT forums and meetings
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager of Computer Technicians
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior work experience, or on-the-job training:
• 1 year maintaining PCs, Macs, desktops, laptops, PDAs and networks, or related experience.
• BS in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience.
• Must possess exceptional problem solving and analytical skills to resolve project issues and challenges.
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently
• Ability to perform time consuming, repetitive tasks (i.e. unpacking computers, printers, monitors, etc.)
• Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally; manage several projects simultaneously; logically solve problems; understand technical materials; memorize commands; stay on task without constant supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships and to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the public.
• Ability to support and configure the following list of devices including, but not limited to:
o modem, switch box, laser printers, ink jet printers, label printers, scanners, CD-ROM drives, CD-writers, DVD drives, USB, Parallel, Firewire, IDE and SCSI devices
• Work with multiple types of cables, telephones, tools and hand trucks.
• Knowledge of inside workings of Windows XP Professional, including ,but not limited to, imaging, locking down OS, security, group policy
• Knowledge of terminal emulation programs and utility/diagnostic software.
• Ability to use the web to find drivers, additional help for computer problems and familiar with using Internet search engines to quickly find desired results.
LEVEL OF INDEPENDENCE
In order to function effectively, this person must have a high level of independence, show initiative, and stay motivated. This must be done in a manner consistent with the team management structure that is employed by the group.
INFLUENCE OF RESULTS
This person must recognize that much of the work is completed without direct supervision. This requires accuracy and integrity of work that will represent the mission and values of the IMT group.
This position requires someone who is completely committed to excellence in customer service and a good understanding of Azusa Pacific University culture, business structures and business practices.
This person will be required to support and uphold the IMT Strategic Directions.
To enable the Azusa Pacific University computer facilities and systems to operate normally at all times, this person is required to be available by telephone for management, consultation and liaison with support, development and technical staff after normal working hours and on weekends. This may require considerable onsite presence to manage emergency situations.
Intermittent sitting, standing and walking. Requires repetitive arm, hand, wrist and finger motions. Communication with others requires face to face and hearing on the telephone, with good skills. Walking to various locations on campus. Ability to lift 10-20 lbs occasionally.
Applicants should visit www.apu.edu and download an Azusa Pacific University application for employment, fill it out, and send it to:
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA, 91702-7000
fax it to (626) 815-4521.
A résumé will not be accepted in lieu of the application, but may be submitted along with the application. Only one application is needed for all positions applied for. Applications are kept on file for one calendar year; should you wish to apply for another position, please contact our office. Screening of applicants will continue until positions are filled.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Azusa Pacific University
As an evangelical Christian university, APU affirms the supremacy of Christ in all areas of life. A student body of 8,000+ walks our campus and we're looking for individuals willing to positively impact these students in the education and their life. These beliefs and values exist at the core of the university. More...