This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children/Family Ministry Director
Forest Ridge Community Church
Monument, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 03/19/2009
Job Type: Part-Time
Under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, provides leadership in winning kids to Christ and growing them spiritually for FRCC’s ALLSTARS children’s ministry, ages birth through 5th grade. Our purpose is reaching kids to: Discover their Lord, Grow their Faith, and Serve their Neighbors – Together. The Children’s Director must have a passion for sharing the Gospel with children. Forest Ridge’s leadership considers this as a missionary role to the community, and desires to see it operate as such.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Responsibilities: Coordinates and oversees all ALLSTARS functions.
1) Coordinates / Oversees Sunday Services for All Stars:
a) Compile and purchase curriculum and supplies.
b) Staff and schedule teachers.
c) Communicate with leaders mid week and Sundays.
d) Communicate weekly lesson to teachers in a timely manner with significant points, action items and any items from home to be brought by the teachers needed for Sunday morning.
e) Set up ALLSTARS program on Sunday, everything from classroom needs to large group teaching area.
f) Work with site janitor and school on issues and requests.
2) Supervise Early Childhood Coordinator in a partnership-based format.
3) Supervise Leaders for Planet 45, or implement the outreach-focused program personally.
4) Head up continual Recruitment.
a) Fall, Ministry Sunday and on-going for teachers, assistants, greeters, and special projects.
5) Train teachers and assistants on an on-going basis.
b) Required training (e.g., risk management, safety, security and procedural.)
c) Handle any complaints / suggestions.
6) Develop and execute policies, procedures and guidelines.
a) Complete teacher registration and background checks with assistance from office staff.
b) Collect Accident / Incident information and investigate as needed.
7) Create and execute all child focused Outreach events. (Harvest Festival, VBS, Easter Extravaganza, Planet 45 (required), etc.
8) Lead Large Group Time for 1st through 5th graders, executing Bible Story/Application and music. Continues to implement new ideas and cutting-edge practices into the ministry (through local networking opportunities and continuing education/conferences).
9) Participate in weekly staff meetings, prayer retreats, and staff development (e.g., conferences.)
10) Communicates with Senior Pastor on a weekly basis (or as agreed upon).
11) Visits local school(s) to connect with kids.
12) Envisions and executes a discipleship focus and direct investment into elementary-aged kids’ lives.
Required skills: Experience working with children and interacting with staff, children, parents, and volunteers. Prefer some experience in training or education. Computer skills should include proficiency in e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Also needed, proficient written and verbal skills; a desire to work with children and see that they receive every opportunity to have a solid foundation and receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior when they reach the age of accountability. Displays servant leadership qualities and behaviors (John 13).
Hours per week: 25 hours with the goal of reaching full-time.
Scripture: “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20.
A Vision Statement is a way for us to focus on God’s calling for Forest Ridge; it is an inspirational goal for us to pursue. Our mission statement, on the other hand, is how we accomplish our vision. Our goal is the same as God’s goal – to see everyone in our community discover who Christ is, to watch them grow in faith, and to serve one another following the example that Christ set for us. We do that by pursuing intimacy with God, working with other Christ-followers in the community and reflecting Christ’s love to those who don’t know Him.
Our vision: Discovering our Lord, growing our faith, serving our neighbor - together!
Our mission statement is based on three principles outlined in Matthew 28:18-20
First: God invites us to pursue intimacy with Him - my prayer life and devotional life.
Second: We are called to be in community with other Christ-followers. It is my responsibility and your responsibility to learn how to work together in healthy relationships with other Christ-followers so we can be the church.
Third: We are to pursue influence with people who are outside the church.