This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Program Director for the Changed Life Recovery Program
Frederick Rescue Mission
Frederick, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 03/19/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
No phone calls please. Only resumes sent by email or mail will be considered.
Program Director of the Changed Life Recovery Program
Our goal is to point to 100 men who are living the changed life. We want at least 100 men who came to the Mission without hope but are demonstrating before God, their families and the community that the love of Christ truly changes lives forever. It is to this end and the above that The Changed Life Recovery Program is designed.
The goal here is to see lives changed for eternity, now and forever.
The outcomes for the Changed Life Recovery Program are as follows:
1) Be passionate follower of Jesus
2) Be victorious over addiction
3) Be connected to a local church
4) Have a G.E.D. or appropriate level of education for the future
5) Be accountable to a mentor or accountability group
6) Be reconciled as much as it is possible to family members
7) Be placed in a financially suitable job.
8) Be placed in safe and comfortable housing.
Overall Job Description: Develop the infrastructure that will equip each resident to achieve the eight outcomes of the Changed Life Recovery program by using resources of the Mission, community, churches, businesses and friends of the Mission. Implement training and programming that achieves the objectives of the Frederick Rescue Mission Development Chart.
- Set up a system with the Executive Director to monitor and ensure each resident’s progress toward the 8
changes of the Changed Life Recovery Program.
- Gather the necessary resources to provide the means for each man to achieve the 8 changes. This would
involve a high level of community interaction.
- Implement and ensure the successful compliance of the Frederick Rescue Mission Development Chart.
- Daily teach recovery classes and provide counseling
- Actively participate and make decisions on the Residency Team.
- Effectively recruit and train volunteers for various phases of the program.
- Supervise appropriate staff and coordinate with other staff to achieve the overall goals of the Mission.
- Set up an alumni program that tracks the progress of graduates and provides opportunities for them to
stay connected to the Mission.
- Schedule programs, events, chapel services, and activities that promote the progress of the residents and
the relations of partners with the Mission.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualities and Skills Needed
- Four year college degree (A Masters is preferred) or substantial experience that relates to this position.
- Competent administratively and very goal oriented.
- Solid people skills and able to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Able to “Connect the dots” of resources in the community to the needs of the Changed Life Recovery
Program. Community liaison skills.
- Experience in case management or people development.
- Competent computer skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Takes the imitative and thinks strategically. Starves problems and feeds opportunities.
Personal and Character Qualities Required
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ and lives under the authority of Scripture.
- Professional and personal life reflects integrity, personal responsibility, and Christian character.
- A servant’s heart and compassion for those who are lost, and are hurting yet not an enabler.
- Willing to sign the Frederick Rescue Mission’s Statement of Faith
- A current member or regular attendee of a local church.
- Able to fully support the core values and philosophy of ministry held by FRM.
- Reports to Executive Director.
- FSLA Classification: Exempt
- Pay Classification: Full Time