Do you love Sports? Do you love Jesus? If you have a passion for both, this is the role for you! Community Bible Church is seeking a Sportslife Pastor/Director for our Kids and Adult Sportslife Groups. We provide Kids' basketball, soccer, football
and cheer through Upward and a variety of adult sports groups, such as, Zumba, Fitness Boot Camp classes, the Godly Grillers, Softball leagues, Soccer teams and many others. We are seeking someone who has the ability and calling to minister to coaches and
parents. We are also expecting this individual to develop strong relationships by discipling to leaders and recruit for the many volunteer positions needed to continue this amazing front door ministry!
Purpose Statement/Summary: Planning, organizing, administering and running the various sporting activities and events offered by the SportsLife Ministry for children, students and adults.
- Administering all aspects of SportsLife programing including the details that make the program successful
- Plan and organize Upwards children program, including basketball, soccer, football, cheerleading.
- Oversee other Kids’ groups, such as, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, and American Heritage Girls.
- Plan and organize adult and student leagues for various sports.
- Oversee and administer all sports-related activities and leagues.
- Develop and supervise free-market SportsLife groups.
- Prepare specialized training materials and guidelines as necessary for team captains and leaders with the goal of evangelism and/or intentional discipleship.
- Research and secure facilities for sports games.
- Recruit, Train, Empower and Disciple leaders and volunteers for Kids and Adults Sportslife.
- Develop strong relationships with leaders and volunteers.
- Develop relationships with parents of involved children to provide guidance in the whole family system as needed
- Build league and team rosters.
- Manage equipment trailer.
- Be present and available at group meetings, weekly game days and weekly practices.
- Coordinate and oversee Meet the Coach and League evaluations events.
- Oversee summer camp and VBS outside recreation.
- Promote Sportslife as a whole through all social media outlets.
- Prepare and present devotions at all Upward events.
- Provide environments for students to experience a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Hospital visitation and Pastor on call duties
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seminary or Master’s Degree in Teaching or Family related ministry (Preferred, not required)
- Preaching Experience (preferred), ability to speak in front of and captivate an audience.
- 2 years fulltime ministry experience in related ministry
- Flexibility in schedule to work evenings and weekends.
- Sports exposure required.
- 1-2 years Teaching/coaching experience preferred
- Experienced leadership skills in order to effectively direct staff & volunteers
- Knowledge of the best ways to minister to Students and their families
- Experience in CBC LifeGroups as either leader or participant is a plus
- Attend worship regularly and special services/events as appropriate
- Maintain personal accountability and relationships with staff members
- Exhibits strong Christian character that demonstrates a close relationship with God through personal devotional, worship and prayer life
- Maintain daily disciplines of Bible study, prayer and preparation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Preaching, People Person, Energetic, Highly Motivated, Manager, Recruiter, Leader
- Strong people skills
- Has professional manner and high energy level, exhibits a positive attitude
- Team-work ethic
- Accepts new ideas and challenges
- Excellent Leadership Ability
- Strong Organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge in computer technology and the Internet(MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher,
- Must have transportation with ability to tow a dual axle enclosed trailer
- Must exemplify CBC core values of Honor, Hospitality, Hustle, High Capacity and Humility
- CBC Member, genuine desire to serve God and the Church.
- Must be a professed mature Christian.
- Who You Are Graduate or willing to complete Who You Are training.
- Must live life beyond reproach
- Background Check, Personality Profile, Drug Testing.
- Physical Requirements: Sitting, keyboarding, visual w/monitor, walking, bending, stooping, occasional lifting 10-50 lbs, occasional events/activities outdoors in the heat, occasional events/activities requiring prolonged standing.