CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
The school counselor will provide counseling and guidance for all children in King’s Junior High, consult with students, teachers, parents and staff to enhance their effectiveness in helping students, as well as provide support to other educational
programs. The school counselor will participate as an active member of the school staff and pertinent parent organizations and adhere fully to the stated purposes, standards, policies and procedures of CRISTA Ministries and of King's Schools.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Guide individual and groups of students through the development of educational, personal, and social growth. Counsel individuals and/ or small groups toward healthy social and emotional growth. Consult with and train teachers, parents and staff regarding
- Participate in and facilitate the intervention team process.
- Refer students and their parents to special programs, specialists and outside agencies as needed.
- Participate in, coordinate and conduct activities that contribute to the effective operation of the counseling program and school. Plan and evaluate the counseling program.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, students and their families.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:(Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Strong personal faith in Christ, demonstrated in behavior and attitude.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
5 years of experience working in the counseling field.
Maintain professional certification and endorsements as required by King’s Schools and the State of Washington. CPR/First AID/AED Training.
Software and Equipment Used: Strong Tech Skills and Vision.
Other Considerations: Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, students and their families.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Education: Master’s degree in School Counseling from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
To get a glimpse of the impact of King's Schools, check out our video:
To apply, please go to the following URL: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1833